Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So ladies, how many did you bet? Scan update!

Hello lovely LTTTC ladies,
First of all I'd like to say I'm so sorry not to have been around so much lately.....have been pretty blimmin' exhausted and feeling a bit rough. Have been checking in on you all, but what with work, xmas, and going to bed at 8pm most nights there has not been much time left to post!!

Anyway, we had our early scan today at 6+5 weeks. I was sooooooo unbelievably nervous after all it has taken to get to this point. As the symptoms seem to come and go, very time they get weaker I am convinced something is wrong.

Anyway, it was GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! The doc started scanning, twisted the screen around for us, and said 'well they're both looking healthy and just right for the dates'...........we were both a bit gob-smacked!!! Yes, ladies, we have two little embryos going strong so far. :\) :\) The sacs are looking just right (I think he said they're about 8 mm), they're in the right place and they both have good strong heartbeats (which was the most amazing thing in the world). I'm assuming they are non-identical given that we had two embryos put back and they had separate sacs etc, but didn;t actually ask! Anyway, needless to say, we are delighted...........if a little nervous. It is still early days, but am trying to see each stage we get to as another hoop we have hurdled, another big step towards our dream, another milestone reached.....and stay positive as that has helped us to get this far.

Hope you don't mind me giving you an update, I know some of you would want to know, but also know it can be really hard to hear others' positive news when LTTTC. I really hope all of you are in this position very very soon and it is so fab to see a spurt of BFP's on here lately.

Lots of Love, TBD xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh tbd - that is such fantastic news!!! YAY!! Congratulations.

My sister has just found out she is expecting twins. Apparently they sometimes can't confirm they are identical until after the birth and they can test the placenta?

Thanks for coming back to update us.

MrsD
    xxx
  • Options
    That's fantastic news hun you must be over the moon xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! Hmm, I hadn't thought about prizes WWAF, although there's be a few to give out.....I think it was only me and MrsPootle who thought 1 !!! Are you still waiting for AF WWAF?
    MrsD, congrats to your sister-that's interesting about the id twins thing...How are you getting on hon?
    xx
  • Options
    Aww TBD thats brilliant news! Well done you!
    H.xxx
  • Options
    That is fantastic news huni, have to admit brought a tear ro my eye (in a good way of course).

So so pleased for you both sweetie, please make sure you pop back & update us hun I think it's lovely seeing our ltttc with bfp getting on so well gives us all hope.
    xxxxxx
  • Options
    WOW WOW WOW oh TBD i'm soooooh excited for you both!!!!! How fabulous 2 babies Take it extra easy now!!!!!!! Please keep us posted how your doing!!!! I will def see you over in PG soon have you made the leap yet? not sure weather i'm gonna fall into july or Aug have had dates of 29th jul - 2nd aug so not sureimage Take Care Honey Love Sianni xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Oh what fantastic news!!
    I did think it would be twins!!
    really chuffed for you honey, please do keep us posted!
    xx
  • Options
    Such amazing news TBD!!!

I did think one but after reading all your symptoms reckoned you were having 2!!!! Your young and healthy so you'll be fine.

Huuuge congratulations

Alison xxx

PS One girl had one embryo transferred after IVF all looked good on the first scan the second scan 2 weeks later they'd divided and she's now expecting identical triplets!!!!
  • Options
    thats really wonderful news!! You need to have double the attention and be double taken care of by everyone, so look after youself and keep updating us! x
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!!!

MrsP, OMG why did you tell me that??!!!!!!!! That is pretty scary...didn't even know identical triplets was possible?? Hope you're feeling good hon.

WWAF, oh loads of luck for the weekend then hon. If you feel it hasn't happened, maybe it will have....that seems to be the way it works!! Keep us posted.

Laujai, aw bless you...I will certainly be back (actually won't be leaving, I'm still too scared). How are you getting on sweetie? Must be feeling a bit in limbo I guess. How was your trip to Barcelona?

Sianni, No not made the leap yet....too scared!! When is your next scan hon?

FairyT, good point!!!

Thanks all for the lovely messages xx

• Options
    TBD that is such lovely news. Massive congratulations from me...xxxxxx

• Options
    TBD, AMAZING news!!!! Congratulations! I would LOVE twins, and they are in my family!!! 2 babies for 1 labour can't be bad eh! :lol:

All the best sweetie, and you take care!!! So chuffed for you xxxxxxx
  • Options
    AH TBD, thats brilliant news, i can understand you being too scared to go over to preg just yet, with the journey you have been through, see you over there soon!!!! xxxxxx

[Modified by: hales0403 on December 17, 2009 09:57 AM]

• Options
    Love the way TinyT puts it. 2 babies for 1 labour!!! Fantastic.

Im not too bad thank hun having a troublesome AF but wont bore you with that!! Barcelona was great so nice to get away right before xmas. Thanks hun xxxxx
  • Options
    tbd that is sooooo exciting!!! Definitely the best Christmas present for you and your partner - an instant family!! Look after yourself I am 7/8 weeks + 2 today and exhausted with just one..I think.!
    http://lmtf.lilypie.com/iQdp.png

• Options
    Fantastic news - congratulations!!! xxx
  • Options
    OH TBD i have been checking here everyday for the good news!!!! Yeay you and great 2 strong little beans you have there sending all my love xxxxx
  • Options
    Love the way TinyT puts it. 2 babies for 1 labour!!! Fantastic.

Easy for us to say eh :lol::lol:

All the best TBD xxxxxxx

[Modified by: Tiny.T on December 17, 2009 12:18 PM]

• Options
    Told you so!!! Told you so!!

TBD - I am so pleased for you hun. Make sure you rest up and take care. You going to be a family of four in no time and maybe one of each....?!!!

Would love to hear how you get on throughout your pregnancy. It can be hard hearing other people's successes, like you said, but not really those who have been through this journey. I am just over the moon for you and your DH and your two little beans!

xxxx
  • Options
    Well done! This is super news and I am really delightedfor you.
    So jealous! I'd LOVE twins!
    Take it easy and look after yourself.xxxxxx