Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

iron deficiency - impact on TTC?

Hi Girls

Well I called docs today to see if receptionist could give me a sneak preview of bloods before I go to docs on Monday. They said there was a note on results to say doc would explain them to be at my appt on Monday, but that iron levels were low and there's a prescription waiting for me.

Just wondered if anyone has had this and what impact it has on ttc? I know iron is important for cell growth & multiplication (of the cells, not maths! hee hee) so I guess it's quite important.....?!

Roll on monday to speak to docs....

xx

Replies

• Options
    bump..... anyone?!
  • Options
    Hi fergy. I also have low iron, i have been prescribed iron tablets and seem to be fine with them. I have another blood test on Friday so hopefully the results will be a bit better. People have said that iron tablets can cause constipation, but i havent had that problem luckily image
  • Options
    I am pg and have iron deficiency. I think later on in pg (3rd tri) baby uses a lot of iron so it can leave mum feeling a bit rubbish, but not sure whether it would have an effect on TTC. Sorry not v helpful really....
    The iron tablets have made (TMI coming up) my poo go dark green/black and constipated! Not so nice... but worth it not to feel so tired.
    xx