Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

CD21 BLOODS ????

Hi, i am going for my 2nd cd 21 bloods tomorrow last one was in july which the receptionist and my dr's said it showed i didn't ovulate never told me figures tho. my cycle varies but the last 2 have been 32 day cycle, now cd 21 is tomorrow so do i go then as i read on someone elses post about cd 21 bloods that it should be done 7 days before af comes, but i am unsure i am def going to have af on cd 32, just have last 2 months, any replies very welcome as i am going tomorrow but dont know if i should. thanks

Replies

• Options
    Ive ben the last two months for 21 day bloods.... both months i have had longer cycles... 30 and 32... both showed that i had OV.

Id still go tomorrow chick .. xx
  • Options
    Hi Greenbean, If your cycle is now approx 32 days then day 21 bloods would be too early, you should do it 7 days before but it can be difficult to pin point due to your Lutheal period. I would delay your day 21 bloods and may be go day 25?
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Greenbean, I believe you are supposed to go 7 days before AF but that isn't always possible, especially as you might have irregular AFs. The hormones will be in your system if you have OVd but they get stronger 7 days before AF so I would ask for the results in figures. I might also wait til Friday to give an extra couple of days (although I am not an expert!!) Can you call your GP and explain the situation? See what they have to say........Or could you get bloods done on Wednesday and then again on Monday? Would they be prepared to do that? I know some Drs are happy to do that on irregular AFs.........

Sorry, I've not been much help, have I?

xxxx
  • Options
    ff said i ovulated first on cd 11 but i knew this was wrong never that early then my temp dipped again and have remained high since cd 16 so thats when it says i ovulated but i doubt that i am as last one said i didnt
  • Options
    Hey Greenbean, I agree with the others - I'd delay by a few days (maybe cd23-cd26 sometime?). My ov was delayed by a week when I went and came on cd21, so if I'd gone on cd21 am pretty sure it would have said I didn't ov even though I actually did. I bet your GP will just say go on CD21, most of them don't seem to understand the conceot of people not having a 28 day cycle very month! (sorry, that may be a bit harsh of me!). Good luck xx
  • Options
    Hi Greenbean,

I cant really give you any advice as I havent had these done, but just wanted to wish you well. You could speak to your GP but I agree with tbd some of them just think that everyone has a 28 day cycle!! (I usually have a 32 day cycle & usually ov around CD18).

Good Luck hun xxx
  • Options
    Hi Greenbean
    When I had my bloods done last cycle (seems like an age ago on cd60 today!!) I was told to have them 7 days prior to my shortest cycle which was 30 days so had mine cd23. Good luck!
    Sandra
  • Options
    hi girls thanks for all replies, i did go yesterday as i don't think i am ovulating anyway, but ff said i am on 6dpo. but my temp dropped this morning from 97.86 to 97.56 so if i did ovulate doesnt look like it has happened again. i went mainly cos my fertility app is saturday and i thought maybe he could get results if i did it yesterday. i'm not hopeful he will help me, being over weight he will just send me away i can see it happening, i have tried so hard to lose weight but it just isnt coming off now. i started gym too but even that when i weighed me i weighed the same. how are you muffin havent been on in a while, as i am so down i dont want to bring others down with me
  • Options
    Hi Hun

I completely understand how you must be feeling right now.

I also have PCOS am overweight and find it very difficult to loose weight. Don't dispair, my consultant told me its very difficult to loose weight when you have PCOS because of the hormonal inbalance.

I am on Metformin which is suppose to rebalance your hormones and can help with weight loss.

I have also been given Clomid and whilst my first cycle failed, my 21 days bloods did show that i ovulated and AF came on its own on day 31 (good result in itself as i hadn't had a natural AF since January!)

My understanding is that there is now BMI restriction on beiong prescribed Metformin and Clomid so that shouldn't be a factor.

He nmay not prescribe Clomid straight away as i think they like to check your tubes and for you OH to have a SA before prescribing Clomid but hopefully they may give you metformin to help with rebalancing your hormones and weight loss in the interim period.

I know the journey is exhausting and at times its gets you so down but try to keep positive hun, each step is one step closer to getting your BFP.

Lots of look for saturday, let us know how it goes
  • Options
    hi suzannah, thanks for your post, i think i really needed to hear that so thank you. hearing the doctor did give you both metformin and clomid really has lifted me as i was convinced he wouldnt i have lost a stone and half but the weight just isnt coming off, i think in over a month i have stayed the same. i will let you know how i get on tomorrow,. i dont know if i am ovulating i have regular af's now, last 2 have been 32 day cycles. and they always last 5 days. my temp are still up. ff says i ovulated on cd 16. suppose time will tell... janine xxx
  • Options
    hi all, well my bloods came back that i have ovulated, i was so expecting it to be the same as june when i didnt ovulate. and now i am again. and then this morning on cd 28 which is now cd 1 i had af came, so i have had a 27 day cycle. i use to have 28 day cycle before the injection i used to be on, i am hoping that things are returning to normal. just knowing that i have ovulated gives me a bit of hope we can do it on our own. went to dr with hubby yesterday he sending him for first SA, so fingers crossed thats ok and then i think i will start to believe just maybe it could happen.
  • Options
    Hi

Glad to hear you have ovulated and fingers crossed it stays that way in the coming months so that you can get a lovely BFP.

CJ x
  • Options
    thank u cj28. xxxxx baby dust in bucket loads to us all