Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thank you

Hi ladies

I just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you who have left me supportive messages and comments both here and on my blog and who have been praying for me and our little embies while we've been going through IVF.

Unfortunately, I think it's all over now and I'm just waiting for AF to show up. I'm pissed off, devastated, and feel so low that all I want to do today is hide under my duvet and cry (I have to sound a little bit more positive than that on my blog, because my SIL reads it and would worry, but that's how I feel right now).

I'm going to ring the clinic as soon as I think I can speak to them in a steady voice, but what can they do other than sympathise? There's nothing anyone can do to make unsticky embryos stick, or to stop AF when she's on her way.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that you've all been such a help and support to me, and I'm sorry I haven't been responding to many other threads and giving as much support as I've been receiving, or even responding specifically to individual messages - please be assured that I appreciated each and every one of them.

Hopefully normal service will resume once I've got over this disappointment. xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh my lovely, I am so so sorry. I really hope AF is not on its way. I am absolutely gutted for you. Completely understandable that you are pissed off and devastated, make sure that if this is the start of the AF you take some time out and concentrate on you.
    lots of love, xxxxx
  • Options
    Oh my lovely, I am so so sorry. I really hope AF is not on its way. I am absolutely gutted for you. Completely understandable that you are pissed off and devastated, make sure that if this is the start of the AF you take some time out and concentrate on you.
    lots of love, xxxxx
  • Options
    I'm thinking of you LDOM xxxx
  • Options
    Not for the first time in this process I wish I had a friggin' crystal ball so I could show you everything was going to be ok. But I have been praying for you since I first got to 'know' you on here and through your blog and I do know for sure that your prayers will be answered. I can only try to understand your huge sense of loss but I am still hoping against all odds that it's not over for Rucksack & Ray-Ray.

Take care of yourself and I will be continually praying for you.

S xx
  • Options
    I guess the clinic will tell you to stick with the pessaries or possibly up them and still go ahead and test on your OTD.

Hoping Rucksack or Ray-Ray are hanging on in there

xxxxx
  • Options
    Already written on your blog, but wanted to say again, thinking of you and sending massive gentle hugs,
    S xxx
  • Options
    So sorry hun I so hoped this would be the month for you
  • Options
    You're all so lovely - thank you so much. Mrs Pootle, that's exactly what the clinic said, and thanks for the reminder - I'm so convinced now that it's all over that for the first time I'd completely forgotten about my Cyclogest, but I must carry on going through the motions..

I've pretty much given up hope now, and have told a few people I've spoken to today that we haven't been successful. I had a total meltdown on the phone to work this morning and have basically been told to take as much time as I need and just go in when I'm ready - I'm so lucky to have such an understanding boss. (Technically I will be working from home, but I can do it in my own way and in my own space, which is so much better than having to put on a brave face in the office.) I've spent most of the day in tears, although I did have a brief pleasant interlude when my sister came over with her three children, who I have a great relationship with (even after the youngest threw up all over me and the sofa just before they left!).

My sister rather nervously told me that she's pregnant with number 4. Of course, I'm delighted for her and I couldn't be jealous, because I know that the baby she's having is not the baby that I was meant to have. It must have been dreadful for her to have to pluck up the courage to tell me, and I really feel for her - but I also so wish that we could have been pregnant together. xx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry lovely. I just don't know what to say but I want you to know I will be thinking of and praying for you. Try to stay strong x
  • Options
    Oh LDOM words really do not feel enough in this situation.....However, I really am so terribly disappointed for you sweetie. We all wanted this to happen for you so badly. I too will still be praying that it is not over yet, but I know you must get to a point where you just cannot be hopeful anymore. Let yourself grieve sweetie and be kind to yourself. This must be very traumatic for you xxx
  • Options
    Thinking of you LDOM, how are you doing today? xxxx
  • Options
    Thinking of you hun xxxx
  • Options
    I think you being amazing about this, i dont know that i could find your strength.

Sending you hugs.

Gem x

• Options
    Oh honey I really do not know what to say or how to offer you comfort!! I just pray that AF stays away and you get a very, very pleasant surprise.

Either way I wish lots of luck and strength.

OP xx
  • Options
    Hi LDOM, just to say that i really feel for you with your situation that your going through at the moment.

Having failed IVF / ICSI treatment myself less than 2 years ago i understand completely how you are feeling ! It is an emotional and exhausting treatment to go through and my heart goes out to you hun.

Ive just started my 2nd ICSI treatment only last week and im just as nervous, if not more this time as i cannot take any more disapointment after nearly 5 years of trying to conceive!

But back onto you . . . you musnt give up hope until AF shows up !! You stil have every chance & my fingers & toes are tightly crossed for you !

Keep your chin up chicken. xx
  • Options
    Once again, thanks so much for all your comments and support. BubbaM, good luck with your treatment - hope this time is successful.

Well, I'm still in limbo at the moment - convinced we haven't done it, but determined to wait until official test day before POAS (assuming AF doesn't show up in full flow before then). OTD is this Friday, so I won't really have closure until then anyway, as I have to test that day to tell the clinic and they've told me to keep taking the progesterone (which can delay AF and give artificially high BBT readings) until then.

Today was a better day - I only cried a couple of times - and it's actually good to be able to start to focus on other things rather than obsessing about what may or may not happen in three days' time.

I'll come on here to update with the final result (confirmation) on Friday, but am going to try to stay away and concentrate on work until then.

Thanks again, and ((((hugs)))) to all of you xxx
  • Options
    Thinking of you LDOM sweetie. From what you've said it doesn't sound like it's over at all honey....but maybe there's things you haven't said on here. Hope it's just a case of you losing PMA and not wanting to hope rather than it actually being over. It really is never over until AF has been and gone. Loads of positive thoughts and hugs to you LDOM xxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that doesn't appeared to have worked for you. Your strength and attitude is remarkable considering what your body has been through been through lately. You are inspiration and i really hope you are proved wrong and get a nice suprise on friday.

Thinking of you xxxxx
  • Options
    Well, what was I thinking of, thinking I could hang on till Friday? I tested today and I swear the test window actually turned whiter, I'm so Not Pregnant. Anyway, I still have to test again on Friday and tell the clinic, then see about next steps, but I feel as though I'm now done with this cycle.

Thanks again for all your support - you're all amazing xxx
  • Options
    LDOM

I am so truly sorry. I really wish this was your month.

Best of luck for next time around.

Big, big hugs.

xxx