Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How Long is Long Term

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to know what people consider long term ttc? I have been ttc for just over 6 months - does that count as long term? (I've only had 2 AF's in that time so I think i'll be in for a long haul too).

I wouldn't want to post in here if it's for over longer, because I think it should be a place for those who don't want to listen to others talk about ttc who haven't been trying that long as it can be upsetting so I don't want to upset anyone if 6 months isn't considered long term if you see what I mean!?!

Anyway good luck to all and *babydust*

xxx

Replies

• Options
    anything is long term is it is for you, after 6 months I felt like it was never going to happen - 3 years and 3 months later it feels no different. So you stay here honey your more than welcome xx
  • Options
    I had a mmc in feb and am now on month 6 of ttc so can I join to!!
    If you count from the time we 1st started ttc (before da mc) den it wilbe 10 months!!
    xx
  • Options
    I think this is for anyone who has either been trying for a long time or knowingly have problems where it will take longer than average.

I don't think you can put a time on "long" but I think the idea is for those of us who feel that the normal TTC forum is not the place to be either.

No offence to anyone - but it is nice to have somewhere to chat to those in the similar boat if you know what I mean.

Good luck to us all and I am sure we can all be of great support to each other over what is likely to be a rocky old road!

xxxx
  • Options
    Hi there

I would like to join in too. Weve been trying for 11 mths now. I have a 9 yr old boy by previous and dh has a 8 yr old by previous. We got married last june and thought that we had nothing better than to fall straight away. To top it my brother phoned me today to tell me im going to be an aunty they only got maqrried in april !! Got home from work and my dh friend txt him to say his wifes pg due in feb !! I just want to scream!!!! Im due to test this weekend so if af rears her ugly head im going to go to docs.

I know how the rest of you must be feeling
    Babydust to all

Annette xx
  • Options
    oooo it's a right ********** isn't when you get calls like that - I know exactly how that feels - back at the beginning of July, 4 image of my friends rang me within the same day to tell me they were all expecting - first one is due end Nov. last one beginning of Jan 08....

it's has to be our turn soon right :\?

I have to say though it is nice to see a few familiar names from first joining here though... as much as I am as upset for you that it hasn't happened yet - it is quite comforting to know you are not alone.

xxxx

[Modified by: MrsJules74 on August 04, 2008 10:22 PM]

• Options
    Thats so true to know that there are others in same situation. I said to dh today whats wrong with us?? He just looked at me with that blank look on his face!!
    Im glad that they started this forum. I love going on ttc one but never posted much as every other newbie was getting bfps very quick!
    Im chuffed for every one of them as i know they would be for me if i was that lucky but every month gets harder so all you ladies ttc for a good while now does slightly understand a bit more.

im trying so hard not to offend anyone here. If i have not intendedimage
    Will be our month soon

Annette ximage
  • Options
    exactly - I'd posted on web suggestions asking for such a topic - it's nice to now that Web Ed & Web Master do listen to our suggestions.

I don't go on TTC much anyway - too hard to see (and no offence ment by this) people getting their BFPs within a few months...

I have a couple of friends who have gone through IVF/Assisted conception (in a variety of means) and seen how hard it was for them.. and as much as I understood unless you are going through something similar you just don't understand.

I agree with you re: men.... gosh they don't (and I mean this in a nice way) get it.... they don't have the same "ticking" pressure that we get... I'm worried cos I'm 34 too and if it is this hard to have one does that mean we are limited to only having one child?!

anyway, you are right, by hook or by crook (as my granny used to say) we'll get there and by god will our little ones be wanted and loved :\)

xxx
  • Options

Im 37 in september. My clocks def ticking!!
    You made me lol there when you said your grans saying.
    Think my hubby tries to hide how worried he is to be honest just for my sake. Its like when you have worked hard for something and its not handed to you on a plate you appreciate it more:\)
  • Options
    Hi, i've been trying 11 months now so if that is long term i;m with you girls. Sxx
  • Options
    Hi slow

Looks like we've been trying about the same length of time.
    Hope its our month real soon!!

Annette x
  • Options
    i would have thought nearing the yr mark or over would be considered long term as its not till then that doc's will even consider doing anything unless like myself u have problems diagnosed......

Maybe this forum should have been long term ttc & Fertility problems??
    that way ppl can come and discuss what the next steps are ie ppl like moomin rather than posting in regular ttc where "normal" TTCers are?

*don't mean to offend any1, babydust to all*

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Yeah Im with you girls. We've been ttc 16 months now, I know my problem is that I dont ovulate (or didnt) but this month (last Thurs to be exact) I was jumping for joy cos I got my very first opk bfp - whohooo. So I hope you ladies dont mind me being on here - as Im hopeful for this month - but trying not to think about it with our track record for BFN

Ive just thought I bet everyone in this forum is a bit jaded by the poas addiction phenomenom?? I bet theres not so many poas addicts here - been there - done that and it cost a bloody fortune so maybe shouldnt waste our money?!! Plus I bet we all dont mind waiting those few days if there is a chance of a BFP till we are actually likely to get the old BFP?

Its amazing how many ladies must poas days before any hormone starts to even appear! Sorry I just think - why waste your money lol. But then I have to admit I have been guilty of opk poas addiction - in the desperate hope that the miracle of ovulation actually happen!!!

I think us guys are much more realistic after what we've been through and that makes this place a cool place to be. Plus when one of us gets our BFP (oooh wonder who will be fist) Im not trying to be funny but it will mean a HECK of a lot - and will be a MASSIVE cause for celebration - online styley!!

xxx
  • Options
    Popsicle I totally agree with you.. I only spend money on OKP's (just to keep an eye on when you understand image ) and not the others - I don't see the point until you are well and truly late... it just costs too much and the heartache is just not worth it. I have my fingers crossed for you honey!

We will definitely celebrate in style for the first Long Term TTC/Fertility Problem BFP... I certainly can't read about any more BFP's from people that have only ben trying a few months, no offence to anyone meant, it just hurts too much image

xxxx
  • Options
    We've been trying for over a year but I have managed to concieve three times in that period. Hoping that this is still somewhere to call home as I'm going to have to start the round of tests to find out why I can't seem to hold on to my little ones.
  • Options
    Lentil ur more than welcome to come join us honey- so sorry to hear of ur losses hopefully the test can give u some answers. xxx
  • Options
    hi all, can i please join in.....

We have been TTC since May 2006 so if af rears her ugly head this weekend then it will be on to month 28 and my second round of clomid. We have had many tests and everything has come clear with one slight anomoly (think that is correct spelling) the gynea thinks i have a thin womb lining as my last scan showed it was really thin so have to go for another scan on day 14 to check i am thick enough. then if that is ok then 3 months of clomid and then on to private assisted conception for us. we are on the waiting list of nhs but it it is nearly 2 year so hoping that we would get a bfp before then.

it is really strange but i seem to have put my life on hold on the hoping to get a bfp. i keep hoping that the next meal out with friends or birthdays or xmas we can tell people that we are preggers but they keep coming and going.

I totally agree is really hard to try and stay possitive and even be happy for freinds so much so i try and avoid pregnant friends at the moment.

i am sure we will all get out bfp one day and when we do it will be extra speical for us to have our much longed for and cherish little one....

nats