Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wheat and dairy free diets

Has any tried a wheat and dairy free diet? I've had a couple of people mention that I should give it a go, as it can help you TTC, but on internet searches I can't find much info around it.
Does anyone have any info-should I be trying it, at the mo I'm trying my best to lose some weight and I'm not sure i could manage to cut out wheat and dairy as well.

Grateful for any info

Replies

• Options
    I agree with WWAF, unless you have a specific reason to do so (e.g. an allergy / intolerance), I'd stick with a healthy balanced diet as this is what is recommended everyhere you read. Can see why you'd want to try anything that may help but just be cautious as well xx
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, didn't really fancy it, would rather go down the healthy eating path, as at least it is something that I can stick to, but when people are telling you it could help, I'm sure you know that you feel that you want to try anything!
  • Options
    I did something similar but went to see a Nutritionist first She popped me on a Blood sugar levelling diet which helps regulate your hormones. Basically I'm just following a very healthy diet, 3 meals a day and 2 snacks, the key to keeping your blood sugar level is by eating every 3 or so hours..... and cutting out all the bad stuff. No sugar, caffeine, bread, chocolate (although this has relaxed a little ion the run up to Xmas)...... as hard as it was I feel sooo much better for it. I've lost a stone in weight in the past 2 months and generally look and feel good!!!
    Let me know if you need any info, as I really recommend it

xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies sorry im g/c but saw the wheat free and thought i'd post incase it helps anyone?
    If you have no reason to think you may have an intolerence i'd just do as the others said and just try to stick to a healthy diet, but if you think you may have an intolerence it's well worth asking the docs to do a blood test to check!
    I have coeliacs disease (gluten and wheat intollerence/ auto immune disease) and it is know to have a bad effect on your fertility even going as far to cause multiple MC if it goes un diagnosed.
    So my advice to anyone who thinks they may be allergic to something is to just ask the docs to check, because you just never know! I would never in a million years have thought I was a coeliac and I def didn't know it was a cause of MC.
    Good luck ttc....hope it happens soon for you x