Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

just feel a bit :(

Hi everyone,

feeling really low at the moment and just need a moan. I don't know anyone else in the same position as me so i don't really have anyone to talk too who understands and im sure im boring everyone around me with my constant talking about ttc. I took another test today and sick of seeing negatives. I havn't had AF for 14 months so have to test every 2-4 weeks but felt really good about this test as i was syptom spotting and got my hopes up.

ive found out that loads of friends have recently concieved and im happy for them but i just feel horrible at the same time because its taking me so long an they got their BFP so quickly, i bet i sound like a horrible person now.

just can't wait for some good news!

Thanks for reading my moan.

Emily xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Honey,

Good place to come and moan - great support on here.

Have you been to your GP re lack of AF? If not, maybe you should explore incase there is something up - may save you some pennies on the tests aswell!

I have irregular periods because I have PCOS but there are many other reasons you cannot have an AF. The chances of getting the magnificant BFP without having periods is unlikely.

The way you are feeling relating to your mates is in my opinion natural. WHilst I have always been super happy when my mates have become pregnant there is always an element of the green eyed monster!

Anyway, chin up chick.

ABP XX

• Options
    Don't feel horrid for being jealous of friends - I am SOO jealous of mine (2 are due within the next 2 weeks - both accidental or pg the first month of trying, another friend has just had an accident). In fact I've even been avoiding one friend who started trying at the same time as me and now has a 6 month year old as her life is sooo perfect and it frustrates me!

If you've not been to the doctors that should be your first step, and if you have, what did they say?x
  • Options
    Hiya,
    thanks for all of your replies, its nice to know im not the only one who feels this way. i went to the doctors in the summer regarding my lack of AF as i had always had irregular AF anyway and was told that it was just my normal cycle but after a miscarruage in january they completely stopped. i had lots of tests done and after a scan in the summer i was diagnosed with PCOS, im not on any medication as yet but have been refered to a fertility clinic. the docotr said the most likely plan of action is to undergo ovarian drilling as apposed to chlomid or metaphormin. xx