Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Reached the 18 month and feeling crap ...

Hi girls

Havent been on here for a while as its been quite hard. It had to happen but we've now reached the 18th month ttc mark. Periods are getting a bit better in terms not having 60 day cycles, although this period has been 2 weeks long and have not ovulated at all in the last 18 months.

As usual a lot of friends and family are getting their BFP's (without trying) with all the unsympathetic 'it'll be you next'. I just hope for my sanity we get somewhere by the time the year is out!

I dont want to be all doom and gloom, just feeling very low about it

Replies

• Options
    Hi Claire

I think we all understand how you're feeling - I think after 12 months it just gets harder and harder and we all know people who have 'accidents'.

Have you heard of Black Cohosh or Agnus Cactus? They can help regulate your periods and I have a feeling the BC may have been responsible for my bfp (also after 18 months of trying and about 3 on BC) Also a lot of the girls have been taking clomid to kickstart ovulation - have you been offered that?

Good luck - hope you get your bfp soon,
    Lx
  • Options
    Hey Claire,

We've just reached a year so i can kinda know how you feel... Keep your chin up hun, it will be us one day.

Karina xx
  • Options
    Hi Hon,

I know exactly where your comming from, it is so easy to think it will never happen. I was there at that point, and beleived i would be childless forever, then bang month 19 i fell pregnant. There have been many ladies on here recently who have fallen after 2/ 3 years of trying, one even after 7!

There is always hope, even though you might have to squint to see it!

Good luck, and tons of baby dust.

Gem x
  • Options
    Hello, i have been ttc for 3.5 years now. On round 3 of clomid and that doesn't seem to be working either unfortunately.

All i can advise is, it doesn't get any easier im afraid, but you just have to keep going and stay positive otherwise it will really get you down.

Really hope you dont have to wait as long as myself and some others on here.

Best of luck hun x
  • Options
    Oh dear, I am sorry you feel bad! It does feel really rubbish when others apparently have no trouble TTC - not their fault, but that doesn't make it any easier to stomach. I do understand how you feel. Fingers crossed it will happen for all of us very soon.
    xx
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for your posts. You are right it gets even harder after a year and now that its 18 months well it speaks for itself.

Im really dreading mothers day this year as its a big slap in the face reminder of what im not!!. We always go out with my inlaws (mine never bother) but am really considering faking a headache just before they all go out to lunch!!! Is that mean>
  • Options
    I don't think it is at all Claire.... But wouldn't you feel even worse being home alone, left with your thoughts?

On Mothers day i get really excited because I think one day I'm going to be holding my baby in my arms and thinking I am so bless..

karina xx
  • Options
    Hi Claire, it is difficult, I know. We've been TTC for over 2 years with nothing to show for it. We also have friends (though luckily not family!) falling pregnant and having babies which make it really difficult to deal with.

The only thing is, you never know for some of them if they've been through the same problems. I have a friend who wanted children, has been married 6 years now but still keeps saying she's not ready yet. From reading between the lines I'm sure they're having some problems, but don't want to talk about it.

I hope you have some good news soon x
  • Options
    I think its absolutely fine to fake a headache, equally turn down babys/ childrens birthday partys and baby showers if you dont feel up to it.

Some days we manage, some days we dont, just be honest and kind to yourself. I remember standing at a close friends 1 year old party, surrounded by babies, and pregnant women, I was the only non parent there. I felt like crap, I was resentful, and had to hold back the tears, when I got home I bawlled my eyes out. Likewise mothers day is horrendous, and best to be avoided. I woud get a load of DVD'S, chocs and a glass of wine and stay in.

It wont be like that always, but sometimes a trip to tescos was enough to set me off... (bloody prams and bumps everywhere!) so anything more was out of the question. Its tough, people dont always undertsand, but we do.

Hugs

Gem x

• Options
    I think its absolutely fine to fake a headache, equally turn down babys/ childrens birthday partys and baby showers if you dont feel up to it.

Some days we manage, some days we dont, just be honest and kind to yourself. I remember standing at a close friends 1 year old party, surrounded by babies, and pregnant women, I was the only non parent there. I felt like crap, I was resentful, and had to hold back the tears, when I got home I bawlled my eyes out. Likewise mothers day is horrendous, and best to be avoided. I woud get a load of DVD'S, chocs and a glass of wine and stay in.

It wont be like that always, but sometimes a trip to tescos was enough to set me off... (bloody prams and bumps everywhere!) so anything more was out of the question. Its tough, people dont always undertsand, but we do.

Hugs

Gem x

• Options
    Hi Claire

Sorry your feeling so fed up, like the others say it's natural to feel so peed off!! Like Gem says people dont understand & there comments that they think are innocent dont help, but we do hun.

Were onto month 17 although putting ttc on hold for a month, weve had 4 mc in that time & im also dreading mothers day cause either way should have A baby with us!!

Were all here for a good old rant or cry when you feel like you cant take anymore but we'll find the strength from somewere to carry on.

Hugs xxx