Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Evening primrose - worth a try???

Hi girls

A friend recently suggested I take evening primrose oil to help regulate ovulation. Juat wondering if any of you take it and has it helped?

Ive taken AC in the past to bring on my periods and stopped taken it many months ago.

Replies

• Options
    I've not heard of its use to regulate ovulation, but it should help with ewcm.
    The recommendation I read said only to take it up to ovulation as it can cause contractions (and so not good should there be a bean trying to stick....).
    xxx
  • Options
    I had been ttc for 12 months when I decided to give it a go. I used it from cd1 until I ovulated and it certainly helped my ewcm and I ovulated earlier - which was great for me as I have very long cycles. I got my BFP that month! Unfortunately I have since had a mmc but starting ttc again!
  • Options
    It's also good for painful boobs around AF time. If AF hits me in a couple of says, which she's threatening to, then I'll be back on AC and Evening Primrose.
  • Options
    Well got a high on my CBFM today cd 16 which is only the second month its happened, both months been taking EMO. So it looks like its working for me again!