Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding during ovulation period...anyone knows why?

Hi Girls,

As some of you know, I have beeing TTC'ing for almost 2 years now.
I am today CD14 and yesterday I was bleeding/spotting which is very weird giving that I can be ovulating at any time now ( as my cycle is very regular 27 / 28 days).
Anyone has an idea what this can be?
Something very similar happened to me about 4 months ago and was not sure what it was.
Is it something I should get worried about? Please advise.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Lady Mel,

I dont think we have "spoken" before as i have been away from here for a while, was finding it all a bit tough. Have been reading and didnt want to r&r here.
    I had a very similar thing this cycle, my cycles are also very regular and haven't had a blip in last 3 years expect for this month.

I had spotting, sorry if tmi but was a very dark brown, almost like the last day or so of a period. only needed a panty liner as not enough for tampon. I was worried and went to docs, saw the nurse and she was useless, told me it happens and not to worry as it was the first time.

We are under a fertility doc for hubbys low sperm cant have the funded ICSI we need for another year at which time i will be 23. I was worried as have not had this before and we dont need any other problems.

Basically i spotted for 3 days then stopped for 2 then spotted for 3 again. It stopped, my period was due and it didn't arrive. After nearly 3 years of trying hard i must admit i was slightly excited. Neg pg tests and was now a week late, doc agreed to do blood tests and a scan as i have had a cyst on my ovary back in 2008.

I had the blood test results back today and all hormones are normal, currently waiting for scan to come through. Basicaly my point was that it can be normal but its worth at least talking to your gp or nurse as if happening regular can have a hidden problem. PCOS was one route they are checking with me. I don't know your story so not sure whey your experiencing infertility but hopes this helps.