Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Smear tests and ttc

Hi girls

Does anyone know if it's ok to have a smear after ov? I'm being ultra PMA considering I've not had a BFP for 21 months and hb is away when I ov this month anyway but just want to check before I book in. Also, sorry for the tmi but is there a cetain amount of time you have to leave after unprotected bd so that there aren't little swimmers in your test?!

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hon sorry no idea, could you ask the practice nurse over the phone. Am guessing they get asked this kind of thing fairly often
    Sorry I couldn't help
  • Options
    Hi J-Jenko

Thanks for the reply. You're probably right. Just trying to avoid having to actually ask the second question on the phone!

• Options
    Ermmmm true think I scheduled last smear as soon as AF showed up. I made appt for something like CD 9/10 So it wouldn't trash TTC.
    Might be lucky that the practice nurse could accomodate this at late notice.
    Just got this from the net
    Don't have sexual intercourse in the 24 hours before your smear test. Sperm, spermicidal gel, and lubricants may make it difficult to get a good sample of cells. If you are using vaginal pessaries to treat an infection, don't have a smear test for at least a week after treatment has finished.

I know it should be mid cycle but my sample was fine

HTH
    X

[Modified by: J-Jenko on January 29, 2009 05:37 PM]

• Options
    Brilliant, thanks for that. I'm going to make an appointment for next week in that case. Was going to go on Tues but need to catch hb on Mon morning for a last minute bd before he goes away for the week (should have been ov on Sun / Mon but because of late AF this month it'll probably be more like Tues / Weds). Really need to get smear done though and since this month is probably a no go I think mid/late next week should be fine.