Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi all! Advice needed...

Hi everyone,

I haven't used any contraception for 14 months in the hope of getting pregnant, although I couldn't say we've been actively charting cycles etc. Just sort of thought it would happen! I'm 24 and DH is 33. I have fairly regular cycles every 35 days, and I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating day 21ish. Currently 4dpo...
What I wanted to ask is does anyone have experience of undescended testicles and the effect on fertility. In my husband's case it was only one, but it was operated on late so he only has one working! I'm worrying because his brother and his wife are unable to conceive naturally and I know he had the same operation when he was little (although on both).

I'd so love to feel what it's like to be pregnant, but it seems so intangible!

Replies

• Options
    Hi,my oh had an undescended testicle and also had an op when he was a child.
    We have a son of 2 and i am currently 7 weeks pregnant,so luckily things have worked ok!! Hope you get your bfp soon.xx
  • Options
    Thanks so much for those positive stories! I guess the way to know would be going to GP for a test, but I think DH is a bit sensitive about it and would rather give it a bit longer trying. It just seems like a long time already, I didn't realise how long until I counted the other day. Eek! Makes it seem silly that you worry about using contraception for so long doesn't it!

• Options
    Well, AF caught me big time at the weekend, on what I was sure was 7dpo, making my cycle a full week shorter than normal. Grrr! So 15 months and counting... If I don't get pregnant soon there'll be no more room in the house- I'll just fill it with more animal substitutes to keep me occupied! :lol: