Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

We are, our own worst enemies!!

An example of my madness -

as you all know recently advised that ICSI would be our treatment choice as OH SA so bad, hes doing another in oct just to confirm but looks like this will be the treatment we will get

can any one tell my why when even IVF isn;t suitable for us that this month...yet again.. I convinced myself it was 'the month' had spotting on day 18 then on day 23/24 that went away, really really sore (.)(.)s and then I developed thrush 3 days ago (only had it twice before in my life) so of course I'm thinking ooohh may be we have beat the odds and of course all day to day my af pains have started in full force and am just awaiting her to arrive.

Now i am a very logical/theoretical person and know that black and white it is near impossible to get pg naturally, why did I let myself think we had done it LOL

Oh I am a crazy lady LOL where are the men in white coats as I think I need signed in!image

Replies

• Options
    You are not crazly honey you just have hope, and it isnt absolutely impossible that you could get pg naturally so there is still that glimmer of hope, although a very small glimmer the bate is still there. I know Id be exactly the same.

XXX
  • Options
    Your not crazy hun - after all you have your DS so its not impossible.

I'd be exactly the same - i think minds can play tricks on us when they know we want something so badly.

Keep up the PMA
  • Options
    Ahhh Moonbean, you made me laugh. It's so true though. We really do convince ourselves, but AF has v similar symptoms to PG. Not fair!
    I thought I might be last month, AF was a day later than expected, and I had sore bbs, but no luck!
    Hmmm, ever the eternal optimists aren't we? Which is actually quite a positive thing really!
  • Options
    Hi Moonbean in answer to your question why do you need ICSI and not IVF we were informed that to have IVF hubbys sperm had to have a mobility of at least 8% and his was only 2% so if you were to just put the egg and sperm together it would still not be strong enough to fertilise so with ICSI that inject a single sperm into the egg to help it out and i have read i that ICSI has higher success rates aswell hope this helps xxx
  • Options
    thanks to all of you thought it would make you chuckle and is also good to know we're all a bit nuts on here LOL xx
  • Options
    Hun i soo know where your coming from, i do this all the time, yet as you know im on CD140 and not even OV'd but i still think maybe i did 14 days ago i could so be preg, but i do all the checks and i haven't i even convinced myself i saw a line and i swear to god it was in my head my eyes wanted to see it, i thought on that day i needed carting off to the loony bin too, but im soo glad im not the only one, we are all nuts together! lol xxx
  • Options
    I am trying to stay away from the forum a little bit this month thinking that this tactic might mean I'll get pregnant ............but seriously if I haven't managed it in 21 months why am I under the impression that all of a sudden it will happen???!!!!! - and I'm missing chatting to you all......................so if not successful this month (ha bloody ha) I'm gonna be on 24 hours a day next month just to make up for my abstinence!!!

Moonbeam you are not nuts love just normal xxx
  • Options
    With you all the way Moonbeam. I honestly think if DH and I both wore latex suits for an entire month and didn't so much as hold hands I'd still be sitting there on about day 26 thinking, ooooh was that a tweak?! Are my (.)(.) a bit sore?! Could it be our month?! Drives you absolutely nuts doesn't it?! My acupuncturist said he treated a lady whose husband had been found to have no sperm whatsoever and she still symptom spotted every month, so we're certainly not alone. And keep that PMA my lovely, you never know it just could be this month, here's hoping for you.

xxx
  • Options
    LOL you made me laugh with the latex, well I am 3 days late and still no af am still getting af twinges so hoping that by posting here I have taunted her and she will just hurry up and come and stop teasing me LOL. I think I might go out at lunch today and get at est if the cramps dont get any waorse. my cycle is very regullar every 28 days bar when I first cam off the patch and it was a bit messed up and had longest of 35 day cycle so assuming tha it coul be this, just dont want to see a bfn know what I mean!!!!
  • Options
    Hi hun why are you so convinced the pains you are having are af? If you are 3 days late and normally so regular then how the hummer have you stopped yourself from doing a test yet??????

I know that you are just being sensible and the last thing you need is some nutcase whipping you up into a frenzy but I promise you if the witch hasn't arrived by tuesday I'm getting on a plane from Gatwick to Belfast with a box of tests ha ha xxx
  • Options
    We are all the same lovey, I do this every month even when af pains show up I am like ooo this could be my womvb stretching. They should call this the crazy baby lady forum xxx
  • Options
    Oh SC you have made me laugh!! My OH got called into work today and my wee man has a bug so I'm stuck in the house today, he is on his way home and think when he comes in I'll nip to the shops, dont want to see a bfn but at least if I do I'll stop tormenting myself. I could just see his face if you arrived the door with a test, sorry you dont know me but I have to deal with some serious testing business here LOL

LOL socks crazy baby sounds good to me!! xxx I have managed to resist choosing a pram yet so I'm holding onto some sanity, whats left!!