Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAO Mafia Princess

how'd your appointment go hun? xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh 2 FAO's in one day! I'm very excited!

The appointment was eventful! Was seen by a very gorgeous italian dr, he was lush! That's where it ended! It was very question/answer and sterile. He handed me a load of forms for tests but couldn't tell me what they were for, what they involved, how we arranged them, He kept talking about the ivf clinic too.

We came out and didn't know what to do. I found a nurse and burst into tears! I was so overwhelmed and just didn't know what was going on. She was lovely and gave me a huge hug and said dr was training and he needed to learn some bedside manners!

Explained everything. Have to have day 2 and day 27 bloods, a scan and an hcg xray 10 days after the start of my next period. Hubs has to have a SA too.

She was going into a lot of detail about the SA and was explaining the best way to get to the lab and said "the best way to come is"! Well we had hysterics and couldn't stop!

She sent us home feeling a lot better and told us to go home and have some wine! She's booked us in with the head consultant on the 28th September to go through the results and to decide what to do next.

How are you? Has hubby had his SA? When is your app? x x
  • Options
    G/C here figured it was a post about your appt.

Those trainee's I tell you they think it's all about the medical side of it & forget your actually not a medic s have no idea what they are on about!!

Glad the nurse was able to ease your mind love the come comment too ha ha.

So those are the tests we talked about before on fb hun. That's really good cause they can measure all your hormone levels to see whats going on before & after ov, how your uterus & lining is looking with the scan & then the tubes with the hsg & if there is any blockage that will be sure to clear it out, have seen quite a few women here conceive after having hsg!!!

Really glad that you get to see the top boss nxt time too hun thats great.

How do you feel now youve had 1st appt?? xxx
  • Options
    Hi Laura, I said to the nurse he may be used to doing this all day but we're not and I found it very upsetting. Literally walked in and no good afternoons just "tell me about your other children" urr I don't have children or I wouldn't be here dickhead!

I am so hoping i'm ine of the ones that falls after hcg. It's less invasive than the lap and dye, guess they only do that if there are signs of damage? Did you have an hcg?

I knew all the consultants as they came out as i'd googled them all! I wanted the top one as he looked really kind and is called Charles and I lve the name Charlie for a boy! I saw him going in with another lady and he looked a safe pair of hands!

I feel a bit out of sorts to be honest. i was so happy and grateful to get the appointment so quickly but I feel a bit down today but sure why.

Spoke to my mum about it all, she has been amazing. Said if we were to need IVF and the waiting list was too long she'd like to help us out to have it privately. That set me off too!

I'm not usually a crier but I seem to just start at really inappropriate moments!

I LOVED your bump photos on fb! Your bump is beautiful and you are not huge, you are pregnant! x x
  • Options
    The head ones are usually the best so at least you'll will have him to give you a proper explanation to all the tests.

I didnt have HCG was due to have a hysteroscopy which is similar but conceived before the appt.

I have had 2 laps previous & again they was going to do the dye then to check tubes but didnt!!

I've heard the hcg can be a little uncomfy so make sure hubby or someone can take you, also take some paracetamol before you have it as can feel similar to AF pain.

Im glad your mum has been supportive that's what she's there for.

I doubt you will have to go through the IVF hun, get this lot out the way 1st before you think about that too much.

It's normal to feel out of sorts hun I remember feeling that way after our initial appt, I was releived to of had it but then it was the prospect of what if & facing the reality of what the tests were actually for.
    It's probably one of the hardest things couples have to go through along with mc or bereavement. Just make sure you communicate with each other about how you feel. I remember for us J had always been so strong about it all & actd tough but after the 1st appt he was actually really shell shocked at what it actually all meant.

It's good to have a good old cry hun & you know im always around if you need a chat or a moan anything.

Thanks hun r.e. the bump I dont think im huge either I dont know what people expect when your pg obv your gona grow LOL! xxx
  • Options
    blimey! so glad you bumped into a lovely nurse though! No still waiting to hear about Hubby's SA cus they screwed it up but this should be next week i would recokon, i've got up to another 6 weeks to wait for my app image and it doesn't look like ov will show it's face again this month either. xx
  • Options
    Thank you Laura, you have got it excatly right. It is the prospect of what the test are for. We walked in and the last time we both went in was for the ectopic which was hard.

We were walking down the coridoor hand in hand and I just looked at M and just said I never imagined we would ever be there for this and he just said "nor did I" and the look of sadness in his eyes just broke my heart and makes me want to cry (something that is becoming more frequent!).

Rocky, keeping everything crossed for the SA and that all th eresults will be in ready for your app. Keep us updated x x