Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My little sister just had a miscarriage :-(

:cry::cry::cry:

God i feel so bad right now. My little sister just had a confirmed miscarriage. It happened a few days ago. She was getting into the bath when it happened, and she thought it might have been a mc at the time, but kept telling herself it couldn't be as she didn't think she was pg. She has been feeling horrible for a few days and bleeding heavily and the doctors confirmed her worst fears. If she is still bleeding in a few days she has to go into hospital to make sure everything has come away.

I feel so bad, here's me worrying about my own self importance and my poor little sister (i say little, she is 25) is going through all this again. She had a mc when she was 18, then went on to conceive my beautiful nephew.

She didn't want to tell me in fear of upsetting me, but i told her not to ever feel that she can't tell me anything at all, god even if she did tell me she was pregnant i'd have been so happy for her!

What can i say or do for her? I feel useless!!! She still isn't over her 1st mc and always talks about that baby. It's just horrible when it happens to anyone, and so close to home.

Im going to buy her the biggest bunch of flowers after work and go give her a massive hug!

Life is so cruel sometimes :cry:

Replies

• Options
    So sorry to hear that image

Life is cruel, but you being there with hugs will be a good thing.

Hugs to you too x x
  • Options
    Im really sorry Tiny T. Really horrible news. Thoughts r with you and your sister. Xx
  • Options
    Hey TT,
    So sorry to hear this - your poor sister. It's an awful thing to happen even if you didn't know you were pg.

The best thing you can do is just be there for her. I know that when it happened to me I sometimes wanted to talk about it, as noting else seemed important and other times didn't want to mention it at all as I felt I needed to be "normal" for a while.
    I am sure your concern and love for her will help her get through as will her lovely son
    xx
  • Options
    sorry to hear that hon, if she likes reading i would suggest a book called sparks of life, (I brought mine on line) It is a very easy to read, personal account of misscarriage and helped me when i had my ectopic. Some booked were over medicalised, this was just one womens storys and she talked about feelings, and stuff, and so much rang true and some parts ready helped me, like when she met a women who had 4 recurrent MC and she didnt know what to say, then realised thats exactly what other people felt talking to her...so she become more forgiving towards people.

Anyway, check it out, it might be nice for her to read when she's ready.

Other than that, hugs, magazines, some choccy, and a shoulder to cry on work wonders!

Gem x

• Options
    TinyT im so sorry for your sisters loss.

I agree with the other girls her just knowing that she has your support will be great for her. It is hard to know what to say cause there really is nothing that helps. Even myself going through it 4 times & my friend rang me last night saying she thinks shes having a mc & I didnt know what to say to her!!! The book that Gem talks about sounds good I might just go & order one now.

Hugs to you both xx
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all your support. You are all so lovely, and I'd truly be lost without you all.

Because of our upbringings, we can't show emotions to each other, but we know we love each other, but don't say it often. Nevertheless I went and got her a massive bunch of flowers, box of chocs (she lives on chocolates!) and a sentimental card and I wrote a little bit in it and told her I love her and will always be here. She cried and said it was so lovely and really appreciated it as she knows what I'm going through, but I told her it's nothing compared to how she must be feeling. I also told her I love her!

Gem, thanks so much for that, I'm off to buy that now for her! My sister loves reading so that will be nice for her.

Can't thank you enough for your support girls xxx