Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6 Years TTC !! Nothing Is Working

Hi. Sorry for the long message. Myself and my partner have been TTC for 6 years now. I am now under my 2nd hospital as the first hospital didn’t do anything to help as we can’t have IVF on the NHS ( due to my partner having a child from a previous relationship ). I had 5 rounds of chlomid at the first hospital which all they kept telling me was I wasn’t ovulating. I am 26 years old and have only ovulated twice ( this being at the second hospital which they have done more test and things to help ). At my first hospital they told me that just by looking at me that I didn’t have PCOS or endometriosis, I wasn’t happy that they didn’t want to do any tests or anything to confirm this. When I got referred to my 2nd hospital they were very welcoming and wanting to do everything they possibly could to help me. I have just done my 4th month of chlomid at this hospital also having follicle tracking each cycle aswell. I have been given the trigger injection three times and I am now on the two week wait to see if anything has happened this cycle. Unfortunately this is my last cycle of chlomid and I am unable to take anymore after this. I have also been diagnosed with PCOS and have been put on metformin, inofolic, co enzyme q10 and also now aspirin. I also got put onto crinone progesterone gel for 2 weeks after ovulation occurred this month. 
I don’t have a regular cycle which means I can have maybe just 4 cycles a year or have between 2 - 6 months between each cycle. Each cycle is extremely painful and doesn’t last long. 
I am also struggling to cope with the amount of people getting pregnant around me. My sister has just given birth to a beautiful baby boy ( 2 weeks ago ) And it breaks my heart with how quick it happened for her and how long it is taking for me. 
Sorry again for the long winded message.

Thankyou
Jenny

Replies

• Options
    So sorry to hear your story Hun. 
    Have you tried Eastern medecine? Affirmations? Hypnotherapy?
    I know you have tried a lot in traditional medicine,but why not to try something completely different?
  • Options
    Hi, I haven’t tried anything else really, It all gets so much and the more I think about the more stressed I get. I did go for a consultation at acupuncture which I have heard lots of people have had this work for them but the person who I saw just told me I didn’t have a fertility problem. It really got me down as it was one thing I wanted to try and then just got put down like that. 
  • Options
    You said it's stressing you. Stress is not good if you TTC. 
    Try hypnotherapy, I think you might  have blockage on mental level. 
    How GP explain your problem?
  • Options
    I got severely stressed during my sisters pregnancy. I think this was because she got pregnant accidentally and wasn’t trying. Since my nephew has been born 2 weeks ago I have calmed down a lot but still struggle with seeing everyone else around me getting pregnant. No one has ever explained anything unfortunately and a lot of people don’t really know the reasons why things aren’t happening etc x
  • Options
    So you never been diagnosed with infertility?
  • Options
    No. Only recently I have been told that I don’t ovulate but they cannot give me the actual reason for my fertility problems. It took until I referred to the second hospital to find out that I have PCOS but other than that they can’t explain why nothings working. I do feel like I go round in circles with hospitals and GPs etc x
  • Options
    Have you tried fertility diet?
  • Options
    No not tried a fertility diet. I got told about a G.I diet but nothing else. X
  • Options
    G.I, keto, Mediterranean diet good for fertility also there is special diet too
  • Options
    I’m so sorry to hear what you are going through :(
    Is that’s still true that the NHS won’t cover you for IVF if your partner has a child? That’s shocking! My partner has a child and it worries me if we need IVF that it won’t be covered!
    I read an article somewhere about a couple that took the NHS to Court over it and it was ruled that a childless woman shoudnt be denied IVF on the NHS!! 
  • Options
    Unfortunatley it’s true, it is now based on you as a couple so if one of you has a child we are not entitled to it on the nhs. It used to be based on you independently etc but only in the last so many years it hasn’t changed to now being a couple. It’s hard because my partner blames himself for it so much, he tells me that if he didn’t have a child we would be able to get it on the nhs etc. X
  • Options
    That’s so tough - where do you live? I’ve just looked up the legislation and in Wales where I live it states if one of you don’t have child you are entitled to IVF treatment on the NHS. I think it’s terrible that in England they wont :(
  • Options
    I’m in Bedfordshire. Started at Bedford hospital and I’m now at Luton & Dunstable hospital. I can not fault Luton hospital at all and they are trying everything they can but just a shame about the ivf not on the NHS. 
  • Options
    Hello Jenny! I know what you're going through. It's not very easy, things are that way. TTC is such a hard journey for some of us! I'm also a PCOS patient. I've been a TTC for nearly 7 years all along! IVF is my option for now! Naturally, I've been restrained from conceiving. So, yeah! I'm going to Kyiv for it! I hope God eases your pain dear! I hope that you find a way around! I think you should support and be happy for her! Congratulate her! You've to remain patient and keep going with other ways. 
  • Options
    I really feel for you, 6 years is a LONG time to have this worry. I'm on my 2nd year and feeling so down trodden. You do have youth on your side! How do you know you've only ovulated twice? Do you track every month?
    I also have a partner with children previously so also been told that the NHS cant do any more than a few blood tests. I've switched doctors but they just do the same tests over and over and nothing is properly investigated. I have not been diagnosed with anything so its all a guessing game for me, although i don't have painful or irregular cycles. Its so hard. I also have two close people in my life who have just fallen pregnant accidentally and i REALLY feel your pain.

Like a lot of people i think my only option is now private fertility treatments which i'm looking into.

@DiviyaSalana can i ask why Kyiv?  o:)

Alice x
  • Options
    Hi Alice. 
    Since going to my gp and getting referred to fertility clinic I have had blood tests on days 2,21,28 and 35 on every cycle. These have shown that my body is not ovulating etc. Since January this year I have been having follicle tracking with scans etc and blood tests each cycle which have shown only twice that I have ovulted. These have both been with lots of medication and trigger jabs etc. I have recently been told I now can’t have ovarian drilling either as I have ovulated even though that was athe next step and although my body hasn’t ovulated on its own only with medical help I am still not able to have it. Xx
  • Options
    Hi Jenny, I cannot really relate much but I can say IVF might not be too bad.  In my case I chose to be with my soul mate who is a girl like me, so we are both going to try it together.  What I wish to say is, technology has given us a wonderful miracle so it might be good to try this option if the natural way is stressing you out.  Have you ever thought of it?
  • Options
    Hi VanGn. It has come into conversation with my other half. The only issue is is that it is so expensive. Unfortunately we can’t get ivf on the nhs due to my partner having a child. But I have heard many success stories of ivf. Good luck to you and your partner and I hope things work out well. Xx
  • Options
    Thanks Jenny.  We found it expensive here too.  That's why we're having it overseas.
  • Options
    x-Alice-xx-Alice-x Regular
    edited Aug 2, 2019 8:26AM
    @Jenny74238 Morning!
    I am in the same position as you as my partner has children so we are not eligible for IVF on NHS - we have booked a fertility MOT for tomorrow with LondonWomensClinic (not just London based) for £275 which will include bloods, a scan and an hours consultation which i thought wasn't too bad for the money. 
    We will keep TTC naturally until the end of the year (already 19 months TTC) and if that fails we are going to book IVF abroad as ALOT cheaper than UK. 
    There is a company i was suggested in Cyprus who seem really helpful. I emailed them in advance and let them know my plans and they have gotten back to me with a VERY informative email explaining the procedure and even include travel advice for people coming from abroad. They are called - https://www.dunyaivf.com/en/ivf-success-rates and although i cant recommend them as such as i have not used them yet they seem very professional. 

@VanGn i understand you are the one who suggested the Cyprus company to me on my own discussion!! :) please please let me know how it goes as i really want to book in!! Good luck!!!!! wishing you and your partner the best! x