Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone on clomid - help please

Hi ladies

Hubby and I have been ttc for 21 months and I have been on clomid for 6 months now (diagnosed with PCOS although I don't seem to be a 'typical' suffere - this month was my 6th month on clomid). According to my bloods I have ovulated every month so far on clomid and usually around days 17-19 (according to ov sticks and temps). This month I haven't had my bloods taken but have been taking my temps. They have been high since my last period (which was a bit of a strange one, mostly brown) but have dropped over the last couple of days. I am cd21 now and was expecting my temps to rise but they still haven't. I have been spotting for the last couple of days but today am heavier with fresh blood. Could it be that I haven't ov'd and my period has randomly arrived early/mid-cycle? I am confused and don't know whether to count this as cd1 and start my clomid again tomorrow. I am waitng for a call back from my GP to see what she suggests but I just wondered if anyone else has ever been in the same position.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts/help.

Sorry that I only ever seem to post to moan but I do keep an eye on you all and wish you all the best for your ttc journeys.

Kxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Mrs KPB

I'm on Clomid and also have PCOS...I'm not a typical sufferer either - have lots of cysts on my ovaries and not ovulating on my own but no other problems. Can't be much help really as havent had anything similar - but have had more weird spotting since being on Clomid than ever before. Has your temp risen since last week? Seems odd that you've ovulated every month and this one is an strange one - did you get a call back from your GP about whether to go back on Clomid?

• Options
    Hi Snowie

Thanks for replying. The doctor said to take a test and if negative to continue the clomid. It was of course negative so I counted that day as cd1 again. It's just so weird that after 5 months I have an off month, but what can you do?! I'll have to try to stay positive and see what happens this month. With regards to my temps they continued to stay fairly high but did drop on cd1. There was no obvious shift to confirm ovulation at any time image

Kx