Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can i join you ladies please?

I feel it's time i came over to the LTTTC board now if that's ok with you ladies please. I don't feel anyone on TTC "knows" me now! lol I've been off the pill since May 2008 and properly trying for around 10 months. We went to the Drs about not being able to conceive and she told us to go back at the end of the year if we still haven't managed it. My DH is starting to get really paranoid and negative now about the whole thing - he's blaming himself and I don't know what to say anymore to console him. I just keep thinking about you ladies who have been ttc for much longer than us - I really don't know where you find the strength from. That said, I really didn't think I'd be able to go 10 months! :lol:

It's getting quite embarrassing at work now - people are convinced i'm either pg or ttc because i'm constantly on about things to do with babies and pregnancy - I can't help it and don't realise I'm doing it half the time!

Anyway, that's me. image
Love and babydust. x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Lamby

I remember you from ttc. I think the positive thing is that you can see your GP now & start getting some tests to see if there is anything that can help. I have found the girls here lovely & so supportive to me & everyone else. Good Luck hun & hope your not here to long xxx
  • Options
    Hi honey and welcome, I remember you. Sorry you've not had any luck yet.

Hope you have a short stay here (meant in the nicest possible way)! xx
  • Options
    Hi Lamby....welcome to LTTTC....10 months was REALLY REALLY hard point for me too. I'm now at 14 months but feel a bit better because we know what the problem is now and are starting IVF soon. Could you go back to your GP and maybe say you were not being 'careful' from May 2008 so you would like tests now? I found it best to get the ball rolling as it can take a while in some areas. xx
  • Options
    Hi Lamby. Sorry we are welcoming you here, and hope you graduate to PG soon! You will find lots of very helpful ladies here with a vast amount of experience.

It's a shame that your GP told you to come back later... But on the bright side, it is good to have a plan, and having a date when you will go back to see him/her does, at least, give you something to focus on. I don't mean to put you off, but once the testing starts, things start to get a bit clinical, and the excitement and hope of the whole TTC venture (if there was any of that left) dimishes.

Best of luck.

xx
  • Options
    Hi Lamby I agree with tinybabydancer 10 months was hard for me to I am on month 13 and hoping it will be lucky for me!! I would go back to the docs and ask for them to start tests. I had bloods done back in July month 9 and hubby had his SA last month, therefore these tests are already done at the 12 month mark so you can be referred. Good luck sweetie!
  • Options
    Hi ladies. Guess what? This morning at 15dpo I got a very very faint line on a cheapo hpt!!! I'm trying not to get too excited but i've never seen one before!