Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Just got back from hospital

Hey Everyone
Firstly thank you for all your replies to my first post on Monday 'Room for another one'. It is great to know that you are all there! Although I wish you weren't in the nicest way possible, hope you know what I mean.
Anyway, been to the hospital today - if you saw my original post you may remember that I have Thyroid problems but I am pleased to say the medication I am taking has controlled the problem so as long as I keep taking it that's one problem under control.
They said they will now refer me for fertility treatment (they couldn't do this until my thyroid was corrected) that they think will start with Clomid. This has baffled me slightly as fortunately I do have regular AF and OV bang on time. Is there any other reason why they may put me on it?
So for me its a waiting game for an appointment...........
In the meantime I have OH on Maca for his low SA. Oh and I have about 3.5 stone to loose to get my BMI down - any ideas???
Sending PMA to everyone
NJH xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi NJH

Sorry I dont know alot about Clomid but thought it was used for women with PCOS to help ov.

Great news about your thyroid being under control now, I think that can cause problems with fertility as I had thyroid function checked as one of our recurrent mc tests, so hopefully your BFP is just around the corner.

Sorry cant help more but didnt want to read & run.

keeping fingers crossed that you have an announcement to make soon xxx
  • Options
    Hello, I had to lose a lot of weight prior to being put on the list before starting ivf.
    I went on the cambridge diet and lost just over 6 stone in 16 weeks, I have maintained it only putting on 1.5 pounds over christmas and losing it after. People will say ' oh how dangerous', but I felt fantastic and I still do and I am now on the list in preperation to start in the summer.
    It is hard, stopping eating but the reward is you will lose the weight faster than any other diet!
    Best of luck!:\)
  • Options
    Hello NJH,
    Great news that your thyroid problem is under control! That must be a huge relief. I too have been told that clomid is my next step - despite regular OV and AF - the reason I was given was that it ups our chances.
    Good luck
    xxx
  • Options
    Hello NJH

Losing weight - I'm with you on that one - I need to lose the best part of 6 stone to get down to a BMI of 25 (I don't even remember when I was that skinny - it's not as if I'm a heffalump now or anything - just very very curvy). I've lost about 9lb so far with WW - it came off pretty quickly, although I've fallen off the wagon a little, so trying harder this week. It's really good at changing your eating habits (which will be the long-term change in behaviours) and you don't have to go to meetings (I do WW online).
    There must be more of us on here who need to lose some weight - I may start another thread for some moral support....
    xxxx
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan, i'm up for that! just found out my OH has ordered me treadmill..... LOL. I've tried everything before but failed after a couple of months (like my food too much)!
    Nat xxx