Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PCOS Disappearing?

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've never posted before. Lately though I've been having some weird stuff happening and can't find anything on Google about it..

Some back story...I'm 24.  I got married about a year and a half ago and I was taking birth control(I was only on it for 3 months in my whole life). My periods were always regular before birth control. 

A couple months after being married we decided to stop taking bc and ttc. That was august 2018. I had a couple periods but then in December my period was abnormally long so I made an appointment with my dr. Long story short my periods stopped almost altogether and after blood tests and an ultrasound I  was diagnosed with PCOS in may of 2019.

At this point we had pretty much put ttc on hold because I was going months without ovulating. I only got 3 periods throughout the entirety of 2019, that is until October...

Late October I got a period naturally, and then again in late November. And then again late in December! I was also having some spotting between these periods. Now its January and I decided "maybe I should try tracking this month.." A few days ago I got a positive OPK and my bbt went up to 98.1 afterward. So it would seem I'm on track to get another period late this month.

Have any of you heard of or experienced  anything like this? Like temporary PCOS? Or PCOS just going away after a year? Is it possible to have PCOS and get 4 periods fairly regularly in a row??
- Cautiously Optimistic 

Replies

• Options
    HannahBanana17HannahBanana17 Regular
    edited Mar 8, 2020 8:10PM
    There are different levels of PCOS and some women have all of the symptoms and some have none. Everybody is different and having been on hormone birth control before could have confused the picture for you. 

I have PCOS, I have semi-regular periods I’ve been TTC for nearly 2 years. Mine used to average 36-42 days long and I would often miss a cycle once a year and therefore go 3 months without 1. I have been on metformin for 8 months now and they have shortened to 30-38 days.

I’ve read lots of things can affect PCOS such as: diet, exercise, stress and being overweight is a big factor for many as it throws hormone levels out. I would say that if you have it then you have it ... It doesn’t go away but it can managed and it can improve. 
  • Options
    Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've never posted before. Lately though I've been having some weird stuff happening and can't find anything on Google about it..

Some back story...I'm 24.  I got married about a year and a half ago and I was taking birth control(I was only on it for 3 months in my whole life). My periods were always regular before birth control. 

A couple months after being married we decided to stop taking bc and ttc. That was august 2018. I had a couple periods but then in December my period was abnormally long so I made an appointment with my dr. Long story short my periods stopped almost altogether and after blood tests and an ultrasound I  was diagnosed with PCOS in may of 2019.

At this point we had pretty much put ttc on hold because I was going months without ovulating. I only got 3 periods throughout the entirety of 2019, that is until October...

Late October I got a period naturally, and then again in late November. And then again late in December! I was also having some spotting between these periods. Now its January and I decided "maybe I should try tracking this month.." A few days ago I got a positive OPK and my bbt went up to 98.1 afterward. So it would seem I'm on track to get another period late this month.

Have any of you heard of or experienced  anything like this? Like temporary PCOS? Or PCOS just going away after a year? Is it possible to have PCOS and get 4 periods fairly regularly in a row??
    - Cautiously Optimistic 
    I have pcos
    BC can trigger it and then your body can settle back down and return to normal after a while. It could be that!