Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hospital appointment went really well!

Hi everyone,

I had my first fertility appointment at the hospital on tuesday, ive been back and forth to the doctors since i began ttc and finally got my appointment. I went with my OH and they gave him an appointment to have a SA in march. They took some bloods and gave me a swab (very uncomfertable) and I have to take some tablets to bring on AF and then go back for a HSG, which im not looking forward to after reading some of the posts on here about them.

She said when all of the results are back they will probably put me on tablets to kick start my body into ovulating and bring back my AF (as i dont have regular ones) but if that doesnt work then they cant offer me further help for three years. Atleast ive got the ball rolling for real!

Hope everyone is ok and babydust all round! xxx

Replies

• Options
    that is great news - moving in the right direction. how long have you been TTC?

good luck xx
  • Options
    thankyou. about 12 months. you? xx
  • Options
    Thats really good news you are getting seen at hospital and all is well sofar. HSG isnt to bad just dont get your self worked up about it. I think its the not knowing what its like is what drives you mad. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you!! XX
  • Options
    Thankyou. I will try not to think about it too much and focus on the fact that its helping me get to my BFP. xx
  • Options
    Hi Emily

We are appointment buddies as my first appointment at the fertility clinic was today and I also felt it went well. I really thought they might just send us away to 'keep trying' as we have had one pregnancy and MC a year ago. It was completely opposite! They immediately got me up on the table for an examination and then gave us loads of bits for various tests - it seemed really organised and I felt quite empowered that something was finally happening.

Hope it works out for us both.

xxx
  • Options
    I think our stories are quite similar as I also had a MC last year, I have been sent away to keep trying so many times and was worried they would do it again but was also surprised by the fact that they did so much at one go.

Let me know how you get on. xxx