Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Too old ttc with baby no.5?

I’m wondering if I’m too old now to be ttc with baby no.5 I’m 38 (nearly 39) I have 4 children already, ages ranging from 19-6 I thought I was done baby wise but after being with my new partner for the last 12 months I feel totally different and would love us to have our own child (other children aren’t his) He had accepted that we wouldn’t have any children as I was pretty adamant that I didn’t want anymore! Now I’ve done a u-turn and just hope I’m not too old. I would love to hear peoples thoughts and others experiences regarding being an older mum. Thanks 😊 

Replies

• Options
    Hi definitely not too old I’m 42 and 23.1wks pregnant I have two older children 22 and 20 so big gap lol and I was the same didn’t think I wanted anymore but then met my oh, It did take me a long time to conceive and to be fair I had pretty much given up hope but after two and a half years it finally happened and we are overjoyed! 
  • Options
    Wow congratulations. Thank you for replying 😊
    Is there anything specific you tried or think helped? 
  • Options
    Not really I tried the opks and bbt but I was getting too obsessed and upset each month also took the fun out of sex a bit, got referred to the fertility clinic for tests from my gp and they checked everything and it was all ok but no nothing special I think it was the old cliche of not worrying fingers crossed you get your bfp soon
  • Options
    I definitely don’t think you’re too old at all. I just had my 3rd baby at 38 and I don’t think 1 or 2 years would be any different. I’m still tempted to have another!

it would be lovely to have a baby with your partner!xxx
  • Options
    I recommend the clear blue digital ovulation kit. Helped me to get pregnant quickly but I do agree with metalchick, you have to be careful not to become obsessed. It’s just that the quicker you get pregnant, the better.xxx