Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Results are In

Well the manager phoned me today and apologised re the wait etc. She advised that I wasn;t on the HSG list as I now do not need to get one and if the letter had been sent to me earlier I would have known. OH SA's are low she couldn't give specifics over the phone but advised it is detailed in the letter which will go tomorrow - the jist of it is that we are being recommended for ICSI or IVF.

In on eway I am glad now that we have direction but in another so frustrated, get this, the waiting list to see the consultant again in order to decide for deffo is 6 months, I kid you not, then once we go here we will decide on treatment and THEN we go on the treatment list which depending on which it is is 9 months waiting at earliest up to 1 and a half years image Just gutted to be honest, I alwyas thought int he back of my head that we wouldn't get this far and would get our BFP as we already have a son together?! Just shows you that nothing is guaranteed. Have worked it out at the very earliest I could be getting treatment in August 2010 or worst case April 2011, unless we have a few grand lying about which we dont as maxed on mortgage n stuff image

Was thinking of may be paying for the 6 month wait consult?? THinking that at least this would knock 6 months off but have to look into it further. I did ring back once all was digested and spoke to the lovely wee girl in reception who was very helpful a few weeks ago, she has advised that there isn't a cancellation waiting list as they just go to next person in queue however as I teach and am off in the summer and can go with 1 hour notice she advised if she gets any very short cancellations she will try to get me in which was very nice of her which made me cry again!!!

Feel so bad of OH he is joking saying he doesn't work etc but he is gong to finally give up smoking which is a plus. Sorry for long post just seems to have been a really long day and thank you to all who replied earlier always so lovely to have the support in here xxxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm so sorry MB, i dont really know what to say. You must feel awful!

On a more positive note, if you and your hubby already have a child together, his sperm must have been ok then, so whats changed? If its changed from good to bad, surely it can change from bad to good. Remember i told you how my hubbys 1st SA was bad, 2nd was good, so it varies so much from time to time, has he got to do another sample?
    Its all such a waiting game!! I like thats the most frustrating bit.

Huge Hugs
    Jess
    xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Jess he's had 2 samples and both were poor tbh I think it is more his lifestyle than anything, he did smoke when we got pg (5 years ago) so I wonder is it just a combination of getting older = slower production and also with smoking, or we were just very very lucky with our son and the problem was there all along, just sort of trying to take it all in and compare sperm producing sumpliments online LOl

Thank you x
  • Options
    HI Moonbean
    I don't post very much anymore as TBH all this LTTTC malarkey has been getting to me even more than usual and I feel like I don't have much PMA to contribute, but when I saw your wee post I had to reply...our 'problem' as you maybe remember is also with the 'swimmers' and I know how horrible it is to feel at the mercy of having to wait for every bloomin appointment etc, it drives you mad!
    I really don't know what to say, other than hang in there, today is hard as you've just heard it all and it takes a while to all sink in. I think looking into seeing if you can pay to at least get an initial consultation sooner might be worth while and , as you say, would knock some time off the overall wait. Also, like Jess said, maybe the swimmers can improve the other way? Sorry, I know that is maybe not much consolation when you're feeling down about it all...
    Our NHS waiting list for IVF is almost 4 years so we decided to pay for it - so I totally see where you're coming from. I honestly didn't feel I could cope very well with that sort of wait. What are prices like in NI if you did have to pay for some? Could family help? Sorry, not being nosey, just trying to think of ways around it. Anyway, have waffled on enough. I hope you feel a we bit better soon. xx
  • Options
    OH, well hang in there and try and keep your chin up!
    Its good that hubby has stopped smoking now, that will help
    xxxx
  • Options
    Mrs Bambino so good to hear from you I think of you often even if your not posting much and I understand too re not coming on its a help on here but sometimes i think you can become obsessive. Haven't looked into prices at the hos thereis a separate private clinic and theres are ??4500 so am assuming it would be similar. I'm on the mission of swimmer improvement tactics as we speak. Thanks for you kind words, how are you doing at the moment any way?

Thanks again Jess how are you xxxx
  • Options
    I'm fine, still bding like crazy lol!
    Collected 2nd lot of clomid today, hopefully i wont need it but i have to have it with me as we are going on holiday next week, to Malta cant wait, we need a break!!

http://tt.lilypie.com/ZgZlp1/.png

• Options
    thanks moonbean, that's very sweet of you to think of me. You're right, BE is great for advice and support on here but I was finding myself logging on far too many times in a day and to some extent that wasn't doing me any good! I'm doing ok thanks- really counting the days til our IVF starts in the autumn, but at the same time I have days where I scroll down to 'Long Term TTC & Infertility' on BE and can't quite believe I am here, if you know what I mean.

It does made me sad.

I guess I'm excited about what IVF gives us a chance of, but scared too as I have (maybe wrongly) always seen it as the 'Plan B'. I don't really have a Plan C!!

You're right to be looking into the whole issue of improving the swimmers. We had friends who were TTC and the DH smoked and then gave up completely and were PG very soon afterwards - having never smoked myself I don't know what it feels like to be addicted (I imagine it must be dreadful) but that would be brill if you DH could stop. We also really worked on cutting back on wine/beer etc and improving diet - not sure how much it has helped but I always feel I want us to both know we have done everything IN our control and then will leave what is OUT of our control to the experts/god/whoever??! Wishing you lots of luck and super swimming powers for both our DH's!! xxx
  • Options
    Glad the results are finally available and that you feel like you're moving forward (albeit slowly). Sounds like 'jumping the queue' with paying for the initial consultation is a very good idea. I am amazed how everything to do with ttc takes so damn long! At least you appear to have made som progress today x

Jess - we went to Malta on our minimoon (went for 5 days immediately after the wedding and then had a longer honeymoon a few months later) last year - it's fab! x
  • Options
    We went on our honeymoon in august and how going back - love it!! x
  • Options
    Wow - have a fab time xxxx
  • Options
    Oh Moonbean, so sorry to hear the news of your DHs results. Take a little time to mull it over and make sure you get the exact details of what the 'problem' is. My DH's results were not great either. Unfortunately, I still have to have the HSG! Boo!

I know I posted on here some time ago and don't know whether it would be something you would consider but, if you need/want to, there are clinics that will give you free or reduced IVF in return for egg donation. I know it's a BIG subject and everyone has their own views on it so I don't mean to push it but just thought it might be something you could think about.

Stopping smoking is a fab idea. My DH and I stopped in January - it was hell! But the patches were good and the little tampax inhaler thing was an absolute livesaver. I would definitely recommend that.

Look after yourself and your DH and hope you manage to get some cancellations or your BFP in the meantime. You've done it once, there's every chance you could do it again.

Lots of hugs hun.

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Moonbean, well it's all been said, but I guess at least you know now. If you know the rough timescales, it could be perhaps your focus becomes other things, until nearer the time - and then perhaps it could happen when it's not on your mind. Does that make sense? Just as if ah well, nothing will happen til then, so will live life to the full, no holds barred til then, ooops I have a BFP!
    I hope this isn't coming across as insensitive, it's not how I mean it to. I'm blathering now.
    Thinking of you, as usual, I'm a great fan of a glass of something in these situations!
    xx
  • Options
    Jess really hoping you dont have to use the 2nd round of clomid too have everything crossed for you and enjoy your holiday mrs sounds like it will be fab.

Mrs B I totally understand what you mean this was my plan B too and now seems to be my new plan A so what is the new plan B. Totally know what you mean and like you I too cant quite believe I am here nowimage Re control I am a bit of a control freak and I think that the fact that it is oh as well even gets to me as if it was me I could try to control it some how but I have to leave it up to him and the drs I fell like I'm on the outside even though if it all works out I'll be the key person when it comes to it!!!! LOL The waiting lists must be awful in your area if you have to wait to Autum AND you are paying image what a nightmare but as you say exciting and hopfully after a summer of fun you can settle into a new mummy role. Really hope it works for you xxxxxx

SIL thanks for that that is really encouraging, he hasn't had a ciggi since I phoned him earlier which is good image Have youbit the bullet and tested yet? LOL

Kaycee thanks again for your post it means a lot when you all take the time to reply to me xx

Mrs Hopeful - boo to the HSG for you hope it goes OK was not looking forward to having it done it I'm honest but probably like you would do it 10 times if I needed to. Cheers for the tip on egg swap, not sure if I would do it but something to consider and I suppose there are many ladies out there who are relying on an egg donor for their little mircale which is something to think of too - like helping yourself but helping others, 2 miracles for the price of 1!!!

Warrenj - no totally get where you are coming from and to behonest am trying to think like that myself and yes I am rather fond of a glass of something these days LOL Hope you are keeping well

JUST WANT TO SAY BIG KISSES TO ALL OF YOU AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT I LOVE YOU ALL

[Modified by: moonbean on May 28, 2009 10:31 PM]

• Options
    Hi there Moonbean,
    Sorry I missed this earlier with half term not been on much.
    This must have come as such a shock, I am so sorry. But it sounds like stopping smoking could help from what others have said.
    I wish you lots of luck for the future honey and I hope you get lucky with your appointments, its not fair you have to wait for such a long time xx
  • Options
    Hey Moonbeam - sorry to hear the results aren't good. Hubby's SA results weren't good at all, and the GP won't help me until I've lost a lot of weight. We've both come to a bit of a standstill at the moment, so I know how you feel image

(hugs)
  • Options
    Thanks very much loobylou how are you doing.

Aw gyps that is awful for you too. Is you OH taking an suppliments etc at the mo to help? I was on teh HEFA website looking at the BMI I'm the opposite I am below the limits at 18 they like you to be 19 not that I have an eating disorder or anything I'm jusst lanky!LOL Are you close to the BMI you need is it 36??

Its so crap not being in control and not being anything to do, how is the house move going for you?