Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Day 21 bloods?

Dear All,

I am less than 1 year ttc, but I've been charting and having 'timed bding!!' since the second month I have short luteal phase and temps less than 36.7 in it, also I'm 32. I've been to the doctors and I've had the 3 day bloods and I'm having 21 day bloods tomorrow. Can anyone advise what happens when you get your results?

lol
Lucille XX

p.s. great to see people I'm familiar with on here too!!!

Replies

• Options
    hi honey.

it really does depend on what ur results say and the length of ur cycle as well.

I had my day 21 bloods a week or so ago and these showed that i had not ovulated but when u look at this compared to my cycle lengths ranging from 30 to 107 and pared with the fact that i have PCOS it was unlikely to show OV.

If urs show no OV but u really should have u may be referred to gyne or even perscribed something straight away (probably more the latter) to help u OV ie clomid or metamorphine (sp?)

If u have ov'd they still may refer u for other tests to see what else could be holding up concieving ie SA for hubby, scans etc.

Can't remember what else is tested but the other girls on here i'm sure will.

Good luck. xxx
  • Options
    I second what lilac has said!

I get mine done every month - as I am on clomid for PCOS.

The progesterone level should be over 10 (for a normal ov) In a PCOS sufferer it should be over 15 (when on clomid or met etc).

They will also look at your LSH levels too - and various other bits to make sure that everything is normal!

Don't worry - once they have the results - they will be able to point you in the right direction!

XXXXX
  • Options
    I second what lilac has said!

I get mine done every month - as I am on clomid for PCOS.

The progesterone level should be over 10 (for a normal ov) In a PCOS sufferer it should be over 15 (when on clomid or met etc).

They will also look at your LSH levels too - and various other bits to make sure that everything is normal!

Don't worry - once they have the results - they will be able to point you in the right direction!

XXXXX
  • Options
    thanks girls, how quick do the results take after the tests usually? or does it just depend how busy they are etc.
  • Options
    i had mine done the monday and when i rang the surgery on the thurs they were back - depends on ur surgery/busy etc.
  • Options
    ok thanks, I will have to warn oh then, as gp said she likes couples to come in together for an appointment to get the results and then she refers oh for sa. she wants us to look at the local fertility clinics on line first though. which I find a bit depressing really as it seems like whatever the test results are she is going to refer us.