Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Day 30 of first clomid cycle?!?!?!- Update.....

Ladies!

Hope we are all alright & and enjoying our Fridays?!?

Just wondered, if I should have got AF yesterday (day 29) and I didn't am def not PG image , what does this mean? I really expec ted AF to arrive in a timely manner, as I got positive ovulation test strips about mid way through- stupidly thinking something might go right for a change!

Should I call on Mon and ask for a dosage increase?????

Confused.com, so any thoughts would be much appreciated!!!!

Emma xx

Update: AF turned up today (day 32), so am out this month and will try again on round 2!!!!!! xx

[Modified by: emmawilkins81 on 21 February 2010 17:27:11 ]

Replies

• Options
    First of all take a breath xxx secondly you say first clomid cycle, do you mean about to start or you took it last cycle? If you took it last cycle why are you so sure you are not pg? you are only day 30 that could mean a number of things, you could have ovd later than normal and af isn't late yet, you may be pg if you have tested and have a shy bfp. I don't know your history I have been off here for a week or so, so please don't be offended if you have posted it recently and I have missed it. Do you normally have regular cycles? With no further informaiton than you give above the best I can say is hang out for a few more days xxx
  • Options
    Hi Emma - were you not offered blood tests on days 21 to 25 of your cycle to check that you had ovulated? Were you ovulating before Clomid?
    If you did have the blood tests and you ard ovulaing no need to up the dose.
    Good luck

Xx
  • Options
    Hey Emma, a lot of the ladies on here who've used clomid have ov'ed later and thought no AF and no BFP but then a week later a BFP has arrived!! Hope so much that that happens for you chick xx
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies

Socks, I took it for the first time this last cycle, so was expecting AF Thursday. Feel sure I'm not pg because no symptoms- the biggy last time was sore boobs (but at that time, I was also taking pessaries that mimicked the early signs anyway, so not sure I can def compare it to that time).

I did ov tests and on days 15 and 16 I got strong positives (I was overjoyed!!), so maybe that sounds as late ovulation? I stupidly did a test on day 28 (which was too early) and I did one last night too- both no hint of a second line.

Think this is where I get bamboozled, because no, I don't have reg cycles (mild PCOS) and so I have no real benchmark to compare anything too!! I'm on the lowest dosage though, so feel I prob need more, if this is def a negative (which in my heart I think it is this month).

Gerbera, no, I wasn't offered blood tests or scans. I only got the clomid because I asked for it!! I think my cons went @rse about face in my scenario (when my DH & I have only "mild" problems) and we had ICSI, before even trying to solve my irregular period issue. The truth is, we don't really know if I was ovulating before clomid or not, because I gave up testing myself. The cons did say that when I was having longer cycles though, I prob didn't ov at all.

TBD!!!!!! I really hope you are right- it would be such a lovely surprise to find it is a late/shy BFP- I would be amazed and over the moon!!!!! Hope you are doing well with your bump on board image

It's really helped to read your comments, because there could be a slim chance that things have worked..........we will see- talk about being kept in suspenders!! 3 1/2 years in limbo is starting to grate on me now!

Sorry for the long post ladies and thanks so much xx
  • Options
    Hi Hun

I just wanted to share my experience.

Ive just started my second cycle of Clomid. Like yourself i wasnt offered follicle tracking or blood tests whilst taking it.
    I got a + OPK on CD17 of the first cycle but AF didnt show until CD33.

Keeping fingers crossed that you have a shy BFP!
    xxx
  • Options
    Hi Emma,
    I didn't come on after Clomid however long I would've waited, and like you I have PCOS and irregular periods. I had to take 10mg Provera (progesterone) tablets for 10 days and 4 days after stopping them I'd have a 6-7 day bleed when I could start Clomid again. I think this was after day 30, but as others have said you can OV late with Clomid so seek advice about when to start them.
    I had blood tests at day 21 to see if I'd OV'd as the sticks never showed anything and I couldn't get clues from CM as it wasn't following the 'normal' pattern either.

I had soooo many negative PG tests, but the day I was due to take Provera again I got my BFP and am now 15 weeks with twins, so don't lose hope.

I had to very much drive my own treatment with GP then consultant, make yourself a bit of a pain to them and if you've done your research and argue it politely but firmly they'll hopefully do as you ask.

good luck, and baby dust xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Princess Star- that's a help, so really I could come on any time in the next couple of days if I ov'd late. :roll:

Lec- congratulations!! That's a lovely happy ending and one I hope we can all acheive at some point! I will defo research more and take my finding to the cons- I always feel awkward like as if I don't want to push it, or they will refuse to help me- even though I know that wouldn't happen :\?
  • Options
    Hey there...

This was my first month on Clomid too.....
    I am led to believe that it can lengthen ure cycles alittle.... im on CD... oh i dont even know tbh ha..... but think i was due AF today according to the couple of OPK that i done this month....
    I started spotting this morning.... well lunch time... but havnt had anything since....
    not really sure whats going on.... ive not tested this cycle, as im tired off seeing only 1line!image
    If AF hasnt arrived properly by tomorrow i might test... not sure tho ha...

Are u any further forward hun??

xx
  • Options
    Hi Cupcake

Right, I never realised that, I thought it was that it regulated your cycle to about 28 days, but that's prob my over-eager interpretation of it!

So know what you mean about not wanting to test- sometimes it's nicer not to know and still have some optimism left, than to test and feel crappy again!

I would test tom though as you say, if you are due anytime- I think tests are sensitive enough to pick it up by this stage in the cycle.

No further on.....just waiting for af to show up and I'm going to call the hosp tomoz, as it will then be day .....check my diary.....33!

Bit sick of this now- have toconfess I thought clomid would be the miracle cure and something lovely would happen on cycle 1 :-/

Emma x
  • Options
    sorry to hear that AF showed up. I would ask your doctor for 21 and 25 day bloods to make sure you are OVing to make sure you are on the right dose of clomid x
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that honey..........hope you're treating yourself my lovely. Lots of luck for month 2....I agree ask for bloods so you have some more idea what's going on. xxx
  • Options
    sorry to hear that the witch got u hun....
    Im on CD2 today, AF came full blown yesterday on CD32....

U starting round2 this week??

Im gonna start tomorrow xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Gerbera & TBD- I'm over it now but just dissapointed! I called the hosp today and they didn't offer bloods, but I may call back when I'm feeling brave and ask if they can squeeze me in.

Hi cupcake, I suppose it's something that you weren't kept waiting too long in the limbo of wondering "what if....."
    Yes I'm starting tomoz too- they said not to count yesterday as CD1, as I came on after 12pm, so am starting on day 2 taking them up to day 6.
    I keep trying to remember my contingency of another ICSI attempt in July after my jollies- need to focus on nice things!!!!!

Oooooh what if this is THE round for us?!?!? We would know about the same time image

xx
  • Options
    Thanks Gerbera & TBD- I'm over it now but just dissapointed! I called the hosp today and they didn't offer bloods, but I may call back when I'm feeling brave and ask if they can squeeze me in.

Hi cupcake, I suppose it's something that you weren't kept waiting too long in the limbo of wondering "what if....."
    Yes I'm starting tomoz too- they said not to count yesterday as CD1, as I came on after 12pm, so am starting on day 2 taking them up to day 6.
    I keep trying to remember my contingency of another ICSI attempt in July after my jollies- need to focus on nice things!!!!!

Oooooh what if this is THE round for us?!?!? We would know about the same time image

xx
  • Options
    Hey there Emma...

Ohhhh what if this is our cycle... altho my PMA is dipping by the hour!! image

I dont know WTF is wrong with me!! imageimage

Do u know the difference between taking the clomid on the different days.... im doing cd3-7??

xx
  • Options
    Hey there Emma...

Do u know the difference between taking the clomid on the different days.... im doing cd3-7??

xx
  • Options
    Hey there Emma...

xx
  • Options
    sorry about the triple post..... BE playing up... its not me! haha

xx
  • Options
    Do I need to reply thrice?!?!? Hahaha!

Must admit, I have been on a downer lately image Think it's bound to take it's toll at times, I'm really struggling to work with 3 pregnant people- all in the same bank of desks!!!!!

No- not sure about that at all- surely it should be they same for everyone, if it's supposed to give you a regular cycle too?!?!?
  • Options
    Emma - go to your GP and get tests if the hospital can't fit you in.

Good luck for this month!! Xx