Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Room for another one?

Hello
I'm 32 and my OH is 31, we have been TTC for 15 months. I have joined the PCOS forum but actually think that I may be better with you guys, if that's ok?

Here's my story - went to docs in November after a year of trying. Got sent for bloods and refered for an ultrasound. Internal scan showed PCO (but I have very few of the symptoms) and ovulate/AF regularly. Also showed up a fybroid on one side and apparently my right ovary is very high up???

OH had SA in Jan and has to go back again as it showed a lower than average count but everything else was fine.

My bloods came back fine for 4 and 21 day hormones but they showed I have an overactive thyroid - I have already seen the constaltant for this and started medication. Unfortunately they will not do anything else until this is sorted so I have to wait, I have read that this could be another 18 months. I have a follow up appointment on Thursday and I'm really tempted to push the fertility issue although I am not sure what can be done as I have regular OV/AF (makes me feel a bit guilty writing that as I know a lot of you have problems with this too).

All of your posts have prompted me to join and I really hope that I can chat with you all regularly - you seem such a lovely bunch and it is so easy when you are in this situation to think that it is only you.......

NJH xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi its never to early to join us xx I also have pcos and ov every month and af is always bang on time and we have fertility issues so do not feel bad their are many different women on here with different issues which makes it good as their is generally help for us all xx
  • Options
    Hello NJH!
    I too have been TTC 15 months and went to the docs after 12 (i.e. Nov), so we are similar in that respect. Very sorry to hear about your thyroid, but I'm sure it is better to get it sorted out now. I find it strange that different docs/ hospitals do things so differently. Like you, I have regular OV and AF. I first had bloods, swabs etc. and DH had SA. Then, I had to have HSG - but I've never had any kind of scan for PCO.
    Please let me know how you get on with your thyroid treatment and fingers crossed everything goes well and you get your BFP soon. Surely if you OV then you must be in with a reasonable chance (at least I tell myself this several times a day).
    Good luck with everything.
    xx
  • Options
    Hi NJH - I've just joined this forum too from TTC, so welcome!! Hope we can keep each other company through the turmoil that is LTTC!!

xxx
  • Options
    Hey NJH

I think its really not fair that all this stuff happens to the nicest people!

I've been TTc????ng for a year now. But unlike you they cant find anything wrong with either of us. So basically the DR said keep trying. But how much trying can you do before you go insane?

Baby Dust to you and good luck

Karina xx
  • Options
    Hi NJH

Welcome (although I'm new too!).

I'm 30, DH is 31, and TTC for 15 mths now. Went to the doctor last weekend and saw my lovely GP who was very good - so having Day 5 and 21 bloods, pelvic scan, SA for DH.
    AF is fairly regular (at least, settling down from being c. 37 days to c. 28 days, rather than all over the place) but ^%^%^&^& painful (just prescribed mef. acid and I think I love my GP) - but don't really fit the profile of symptoms for PCOS or endometriosis, says my GP. I wouldn't be surprised if the scan shows that I've either/both though!
    Lots of babydust to you.
    xxx