Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Desperately seeking!!

Am on CD 30 and 17 dpo with no AF and did test this morning and got big fat zero, no even the faintest whiff of a line!!

Shouldn't I either have AF or +ve test by now??

I'm off out tomorrow night with the girlies and don't know if I should be drinking or not!!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

:\?

Replies

• Options
    ow hard to know mrs you could be having a late af or have ovd late this month and too early for a bfp yet mmmmmmm how do you feel, try to think with your head not your heart LOL I know how difficult this can be, do you feel like af is coming on?
  • Options
    How long are your cycles usually chick?
  • Options
    def ov got positive sticks two days in a row. My cycles can be anywhere from 28 days to 100's of days so that doesn't really help either!

Regards symptoms - feel sick am dizzy (lightheaded), my boobs are bigger and more tender and am really tired but I also get like this sometimes when AF due but not for more than bout 3 - 4 days but this been going on for bout ten days or so!!

Also have strange crampy feeling in my stomach with occasional sharp pains that last for about 30 seconds or so. Also had v v light bleed (TMI) was just really there three times when I wiped but no marks or anything.

Have decided to have a drink tonight but to stop at half ten (not going out till half eight so not be that much coz I will drink it slowly so no one gets suspicious!!)

Will keep you updated!
  • Options
    def ov got positive sticks two days in a row. My cycles can be anywhere from 28 days to 100's of days so that doesn't really help either!

Regards symptoms - feel sick am dizzy (lightheaded), my boobs are bigger and more tender and am really tired but I also get like this sometimes when AF due but not for more than bout 3 - 4 days but this been going on for bout ten days or so!!

Also have strange crampy feeling in my stomach with occasional sharp pains that last for about 30 seconds or so. Also had v v light bleed (TMI) was just really there three times when I wiped but no marks or anything.

Have decided to have a drink tonight but to stop at half ten (not going out till half eight so not be that much coz I will drink it slowly so no one gets suspicious!!)

Will keep you updated!
  • Options

Will keep you updated!
  • Options
    Don't know what you normally drink, but if I don't want to drink a lot, I have one jack daniels and coke, then switch to just coke - most people wouldn't twig, and if they do I just say I'm taking a break for this one...
  • Options
    ooooh sounds interesting mrs!!! YOu could do another wee test on sun if still no af as HCG doubles every couple of days??

I do what gypsy does too and have a voldka and keep topping up with coke, OH in on the game to he goes and 'gets' me 'voldkas! Just realising you'll be out on the rip as I type this so hope your enjoying yourself.

I'm going out myself tomorrow which will be the first since my drunken rant so I'm hoping I can keep it together and also KEEP AWAY FROM THE LAPTOP WHEN I GET HOME LOL!!!! I am assuming and hoping that there will be no suprise announcements tomorrow and therefore i will be OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah the journey of ttc ...really f**ks you up!
  • Options
    Am on my way to Northampton at the mo so tryin to balance laptop on my knee while OH drives like a loony coz we left late!

Totally followed the plan - my 2 best mates were in on the plan so we stuck to rounds with just us 3 and they kept getting me coke's (diet of course!)!

Was a fab night - just what I needed to help me relax a bit.

Will do another test tomorrow if no AF.My GP did tell me that I might never get a positive test because of my weight and the hormones being too diluted so might make Dr's appointment.

Could I have had a hormone peek but not released an egg?

Am doing this consultant less (Long story!) so thanks for the help it is very much appreciated!
  • Options
    Hey Blue - have a safe trip!

Glad you had a good time last night, it's nice that you had some friends in the know to help you out image

Can I just ask (and don't answer if you don't want to), when you say you might never get a positive due to your weight? I'm a lot overweight - got a BMI of almost 39 which the doc says might cause problems with OV'ing. Have you been told similar?
  • Options
    Hello,

Woman at the fertility clinic told me that we don't always release an egg every month, so possible you peeked without an egg.

Who knows though, perhaps it's no news is good news....
    xx
  • Options
    Hey Gypsy

I have BMI of 42 so yeah I know I have probs ovulating relating to my weight (started at 49 so it's coming down!)

Would be my bloody luck to peek and not follow through on the job!

Only real change form normal pre AF symptoms is the gagging when I brush my teeth!

Oh well time will tell!!
  • Options
    Well done you!!!!! That's a huge achievement so far image

Are you going to test again tomorrow? I'm planning on waiting till Thursday but if I can hold out that long it'll be a miracle! Only one pg test in the house though.....

I have my fingers crossed for you x x
  • Options
    WELL DONE RE THE WEIGHT THAT IS REALLY GREAT - GOOD LUCK RE THE PG TEST REALLY HOPE IT COMES OFF FOR YOU XX
  • Options
    Still no AF - so have convinced myself that it's finally happened!

I spoke with a nurse I vaguely work with and she said not to test again until end of next week as sometimes it takes up to a week for egg to implant so with my weight mightn't show up yet.

If nowt by end of next week then will test (also told me to use CB test as they most reliable), if still -ve then trip to GP again!