Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When are you booking in?

Hi,

(me again)image

I wondered when everyone is booking in with the midwife?

I have mine on monday.  Excited!

TR x

Replies

• Options
    Hello,

My doc says when I get to 8 weeks I have to go fill a form in which gets sent to the hosp then an appt will arrive from a midwife, frustrating having to wait tho,

Also morning sickness has arrived except its evening day and night!

Xxxx
  • Options

Oh Libby - poor you! But a great sign.  I am having waves on and off luckily.  It seems to be triggered by standing up which I guess could be a blood pressure change thing??? Who knows!  I remember from last time that eating before i get up helped.

And good luck for friday!  Getting married - awesome! image  I hope you will be well enough for cake!

Perhaps try to have frequent little snacks on crackers or similar to make sure you don't faint with all the emotion and morning sickness.image

I think booking is usually 8 weeks here too but the receptionist was nice and actually asked me if I wanted to wait.  I had ICP in my first pregnancy too so I was told I needed to book in quickly and have baseline bile acid levels taken (a blood test) to monitor the condition.

I know it isn't so ethical but you could tell a porky that you are 8 weeks a little sooner.  It strikes me as not much time to get booked for a 12 week scan if you have to send off the form, then wait to be given a midwife appointment.  But perhaps in your area this all works fine.

• Options

Oh and my appointment just got moved as the midwife is ill.  Now on tuesday.

• Options
    I'm gate crashing as from my dates il be due end of may but from past experience il be put back to June at scan ive not even contacted midwife yet I keep putting it off
  • Options

Hi ladies

We don't get a booking in appointment until about 10 weeks where I am but it was the same with dd and still had scan at 12-13 weeks. 

I've booked a private scan at 8 weeks to ease my mind.

Today I've been hit by the nausea and I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow.  It's a good sign so "enjoying" it! 

• Options

Hi girls ,I went to see gp Friday ,she was great , n put name in midwife book , should hear from them soon , fc , hoping to get an early scan to put my mind at rest , feeling really tired n bit bloated after eating , new thing this eve , feeling like tummy's bit bruised inside ,think I remember it from before , think my edd is 20th June , going on lmp  , af started 13th Sept , ov'd cd 13, so you never knows/he might be a week early like last dd, n be born 13th - my birthday is 13th , might be lucky for me finally , hope so , look forward to chatting to you all x x

• Options

I was going to wait until I'm about 6 weeks I think And see the doctor. Not sure as this is my first and I don't want to ask some of my friends as they would become suspicious! Hehe! 

Evemum24 we are very close on due date as mine is 19th June. image

• Options
    Hope you hear soon evenmum. GG2 worth my first I made a gp appointment to discuss as I had endometriosis and she write a letter to the midwife but also asked me to book in a midwife appointment at reception. (Where I live the midwife comes to it surgery twice a week so I just go up there and it is the same booking system etc).

So I would call your doctor's surgery when you are ready and ask what the process is. I'm sure they will guide you.

Exciting having your first though. image
  • Options

Yes very image. We have been ttc for 10 months and so many of my close friends and my sister are pregnant or have newborns. Now comes the job of hiding it until first scan! Worrying a little in case something goes wrong and trying not to get too excited (easier said than done) just I case! 

i live in a small village and the midwife comes once a week. I had endometriosis and surgery about 12 years ago and recently spoke to my gp when I was stressing about not getting pregnant.

xx

• Options
    Thanks Tuliprose, I am very excited for friday but worrying this nausea is going to make the day hard. I will try your idea tho and eat little and often: im awake now due to sickness so just eating ginger biscuits in bed haha!

Wont be around for. A while due to honeymoon but only going for a week so will look forward to catching up with all you ladies on my return.

Hope everyone is ok and stays happy and healthy

Xxxxxx
  • Options
    Libby have a fantastic wedding and honeymoon! image

I'm sure it will be a perfect day and hope the honeymoon is relaxing.

Xx
  • Options

Have a fantastic wedding day libby , hope the sun shines n you have a lovely day , have a lovely rest on your honeymoon n enjoy being pampered x x

• Options

Hi puddy , how are you doing , have you made an appointment yet , I know what you mean about putting it off, they don't do much for a while , but if you have had oc like tulip I guess it makes sense to book in as early as poss , n I booked early as wanted to see if there were any measures I could take to try n prevent another mc , but haven't heard back from midwife yet , will wait til Monday n if haven't heard by then I might give tham a call , hope you're keeping well GG2 ,yes, we're very close together , will be great to compare symptoms , sure everything will be fine but it's only natural to worry , try n take it easy n enjoy being looked after x x

• Options
    Evenmum hey lady!

Good luck with getting an appointment.

How are you feelin with it all?