Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

20 weeks scans

Hi everyone,

just wandered what dates people have their 20 week scans?

mines 24th January 3 weeks today, getting nervous already, but cant wait to see my little one again.

think i felt some fluttering on boxing day but haven't really felt much since, difficult to tell whats a movement etc as this is the first time i've been pregnant.

dh brought me an angel sounds Doppler for xmas, i love it, listen to baby's heartbeat all the time its so clear and can hear baby kicking around.

hope everyone is ok xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi libbybaby

Mine's on 20th so, 2 1/2 weeks time. I keep forgetting tbh. Got dd and dh birthdays coming up so a little preoccupied with those.

I've got a doppler too and listened to the hb yesterday which is so clear and strong now. I recorded it on my phone. I still have my dd hb on my phone from when I was pregnant with her.

How is everyone feeling now?

Gp x
  • Options

Hi ladies, 

my 20 week scan is on 30th jan so just under 4 weeks away. I had a midwife appointment yesterday and heard the heart beat image. Unfortunately my husband couldn't get our of work but I filmed it and you can hear the beat clearly! 

How is everyone feeling? I'm doing well, and have felt a few flutters recently which is a brilliant feeling image. I have tried to get a doctors app today but they can't fit me in although he is ringing me this afternoon. I have a little lump on my nipple which feels like a spot but it's been there about 5/6 weeks now. My nipple pore is also blocked. it doesn't hurt and has been happening for a long time. It doesn't bother me but I'm sort of thinking ahead about breast feeding and want yo get it sorted if i can. Sorry for the long post and tmi!! 

Xx

• Options

I'm a little behind you ladies but my scan is the 10th of Feb! So excited!

I remember my last pregnancy going so quickly after the 20 week scan, so I'm enjoying the slow period to be honest!

I hope everyone is feeling well and beginning to glow as we are getting into the 2nd tri!

xDx

• Options

Hiya , ours is 4th Feb , looking forward to it but nervous at the same time , came back as high risk at 12 week scan , nt was good though , so hoping all is well , they will check things quite thoroughly at the 20 week scan, seem to remember it taking a while last time , you're right mrsM , it does fly after halfway mark , haven't heard hb yet , dh is worried if we got a doppler n couldn't find it we would worry ,got midwife 14th Jan - day after my birthday , hope to hear it then but dh will be at work , taking time off for the scan n got a few extra scans booked due to issues in previous pregnancies , hope the dr can reassure you GG2, sure it's nothing to worry about , 

Can't wait to see how everyone gets on , how many of us will be finding out pink or blue ?x x x

• Options
    Ours is 16 jan!! So giddy hope we can see the flavour!! X
  • Options
    Not long for some of us then, glad to hear everyone is doing ok.

Me and dh have just finished painting the nursery, i know its a bit early but wanted to leave a good 6 months for paint fumes plus i thought we should do it whilst i have the energy.

Got the cot being delievered next week aswell, just hope im not jinxing myself

Xxx
  • Options

Don't think it's ever too early hun , we're putting Christmas stuff back in the attic this eve n have told dh to check pram , moses basket etc , as by the time we need them I wont be allowed to go in there , wont get them down yet as don't have the space , don't know where on earth I'm going to put more little peoples' stuff but we will find the room n baba will be in with us for the first few months , have teenage ds so he's hoping we have another girl as would be difficult for him to share , being a smelly boy n all image exciting getting everything ready isn't it , going to try n listen to my hypnobirthing cd in the coming weeks , thought would be interesting to try something new , have you had any thoughts on what type of birth you would like yet ? x x

• Options
    Ooh how exciting.

I haven't gotten mine yet but the Xmas post is probably to blame. I'm only 16 weeks and they coincide it with my first clinic appointment.

Can't wait though. I am seriously stalking the postman image
  • Options
    Oh let me know how you get on with the hypnoborthing cd evemum24, this is somthing i have been looking into but there is so much choice i didnt know which one to get. I have such a low pain threshold im such a wimp so ive thought i will just go into birth with a complete open mind and see what happens.

Definetly not finding out wether were having a blue or pink bump, looking forward to a surprise but me and DH both are having dreams its a girl, id be happy either way.

Hope the postman comes soon tuliprose

Xxxxx
  • Options

lol @ stalking the postman!! that's brilliant lol...

20 week scan is the 28th! Not long to wait! 

• Options
    Thanks guys. Still no sign yet.

I'm looking into hypnobirthing but if I get Ill again there will be no choice but c section. So that's the only thing holding me back.

I've found a lovely practitioner who was a senior midwife running labour wards so she seems great.

Come on postman!
  • Options

Hey tulip ,hope the postman brings your letter today , seems to be taking ages doesn't it , when did you first start suffering with oc last time , is there anything they can do to prevent it or lessen the symptoms , think the hypnobirthing would be a good idea anyway , helps to keep calm in all situations , scary business this pregnancy, and birth  isn't it x x

Amazing where you can get strength from during labour Libby, you might surprise yourself , I just tried to focus on the fact it was pain with a purpose n each contraction was one less to go through , it is an experience to look back on , hopefully with fondness even though it does hurt , I can honestly say I've enjoyed all my labours in some way, and the end result is well worth the wait x x

Hope all went well at the drs GG2 , lovely you heard the heartbeat , also heard our baby Tues , had a mishap with a trolley n banged tummy quite hard , so got checked over and all was well , lovely to hear isn't it x x

• Options
    Thanks evenmum. It's still not here.

Thu can't prevent oc. It usually occurs in the last trimester but can be anytime. There are no licensed medications or treatments but you can opt to have an unlicensed drug and they usually give piriton to help you sleep at night. (The itching is so severe you can't sleep otherwise).

It's just a case of monitoring and early delivery. It's so uncomfortable that I really hope I avoid it for that reason as well as the obvious risks to baby.

Don't anyone be frightened. It is very rare but I would say if you get itching that is more than stretching itches definitely mention it to your care givers. It's usually on palms of hands and soles of feet but not always. And you will know if you have it. The itching is unbareable. You literally go crazy.

Last pregnancy I spent most of the last weeks in the shower, running for ice or walking about naked. I would wake up in the night scratching myself to pieces in my sleep. Not good. image

It would be amazing to escape it. image
  • Options

My letter finally came yesterday along with 3 appointments.. Eek!

We have the 20 week scan, our clinic and then an appointment for the 'birht choices' clinic because of the emergency c section last time.

The scan is 6th February.  Hooray!

• Options

Hooray , about time , 2 days after mine , looking forward to it aren't you , n glad the movements have increased a little , mine feel like someone's tickling me inside , lovely little feeling x x

• Options
    Yes I'm so pleased it's here.

How are you evenmum ? The movements sound cute. My DH can feel more when he has his hand over.
  • Options
    My movements are more of a heavy pressure fluttering.

Looking forward to scan Monday. Can't believe I'm 19 weeks already. Does anyone else feel that it is going quickly?
  • Options

Yes...me!  But I wonder if it is because we are 2nd timers and have little ones taking up more of our time. image

I still have 3 more weeks to go for my scan.

• Options
    It'll come round quickly Tulip.

How are you feeling now?

My morning sickness seems to have finally subsided.

I felt the first proper kicks today and not just flutters. Feisty little one in there.
  • Options
    Gingerpoodle that's ace. image

Mine are all rolling sensations now. Almost kicks but not quite.

I'm feeling ok. Thanks for asking. Much better. Still more tired than usual but at a level I can actually do things again. Sickness has all gone. Very occasional bouts but feeling good mostly.

I've noticed more pains lately but I expect as much with my c sexton scar stretching. Glad I know to expect it though because it's quite sore on occasion.

How is your little one taking the news? My son knows there's a baby in my tummy and keeps asking 'when's baby coming?' He then says 'in the summer. In June ?'

Very cute. Hope we are getting a good balance of preparing but not always talking new baby either.