Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any New Years Resolutions?

Hi ladies and bumps!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and your New year has started well!  Has anyone made any New Year Resolutions?!  I don't normally nut with Baby #2 on the way I thought it would be a good idea! Here's mine-

1. Swimming once a week after work

2. Devise a finance plan to save plenty of money to pay off all small debts (next etc) and have enough money for Mat leave

3. Have our house finished just how we want it by June 2014

Quite ambitious, but why not?!

Anyone else?

xDx

Replies

• Options

Mine are to start loosing my baby weight sooner than I did with first rather than letting it come off by itself and it taking forever, and building up a nice little nest egg as I will b off maternity leave and back on the dole in August after being made redundant at 9 weeks pregnant x

• Options

Sorry to hear you have been made redundant LH86 that can't have been easy at this time! Good luck with saving I don't know about you but we always find it a little easier to save when we have a structured saving plan etc and big main aim!

Good luck with the weight loss too, I know exactly what you mean as that's what I did last time. When I've had baby#2 I plan on a month of relaxing and then hardcore weight control as I'm a bridesmaid in November!

it's awfully quiet in here lately! Does anyone else have any New Years resolutions?! 

xDx

• Options
    I think yours are great newmrs. Good to have big goals.

Mine is simply to worry less and let go.

But I would like to have a loft conversion planned or done before baby comes. And like you a savings plan in place. I figure we need this month to sort Xmas out but after that we must save. You're right that setting up a standing order or baring in mind the big aim is easier to achieve.
  • Options

Ooh I like yours Tulip rose - worrying less will definitely come in handy with baby #2!

started swimming tonight for the first time in ages, was fab and will try to keep going for as long as possible!

xDx

• Options
    Swimming is ace. I am trying to arrange aqua natal but the last is away at the moment.

I did it with my son and am convinced it kept me fitter. A physio I saw at 35 weeks commented how flexible I was for my dates.image

It's nice to have some you time as well isn't it. It can get so overwhelming occasionally.
  • Options
    Absolutely! Aqua natal sounds great! Love having headspace to think about the new baby, as DD takes up a lot if time being a two year old, bless her!

xDx