Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newborn clothes!

Hey ladies! Bit of a daft question....what will our newborns be wearing in June/July?

I have a lot of clothes that we will reuse for the new baby, however DD1 was born in October! 

Am I right thinking that in the early days they will be wearing all in ones/sleep suits but no vest? I suppose if its really warm maybe just a vest? Gosh you wouldn't believe I've had a baby before lol!!

I want to buy a handful of newborn clothes but no idea whats best to get, help!

xDx

Replies

• Options

My first was a July baby and I had her in vests and sleep suits but as it got warmer in aug I had her in the summery baby gros u know the ones without feet and sometimes without sleeves? We have the same problem, dd1 born in July dd2 born in jan not only that, dd2 is an absolute tiddler so nothing fits her anyway lol x

• Options
    Thanks LH86! How's it going with 2 little ones? We've found out we're having another girl and were over the moon-looking forward to having two girlies together!

xDx
  • Options

ive got a mix of both long sleeve and short sleeve stuff as this countrys weather is so unpredicatable!! so im preparing for all events!!

• Options
    Brill, thanks Puddy! Might get a couple of cardi's too!
  • Options

Bloody hard work but so worth it! Congrats on ur pink bump, my eldest loves her baby sister. How old is ur first? X

• Options
    Aww I bet it is Hun, will get easier I'm sure (I hope!) DD1 is 2 years and 4 months at the mo. So will be 2 years 9 months by the time baby arrives! I'm so looking forward to having 2 the same image xx
  • Options

It's lovely, Caitlin adores Lexie she's so helpful aswell With her being 4 she wants to help dress feed n change her.  B wonderful when they're playing together x

• Options
    Hi

I remember my son sleeping just a nappy as there were a few random hot days in September where he gro egg said it was 25 degrees in the bedroom!

I go by the gro egg a lot and try to get fresh air in. For outside its tricky because of wanting to protect their skin. I think lots of light layers to have to hand is a good plan and maybe parasols, sun covers or just Muslims to make sure you can cover the pram no matter where the sun is will be good.

I'm planning on washi the neutral sleep suits and vests but will probably grab a few more bodysuits and cotton things to make sure we have enough.

I'm a bit nervous about usif sunscreen on a fresh newborn though. We will no doubt be avoiding the midday sun anyway.image

Thanks for the post - I need some ideas!
  • Options

General rule of thumb is baby should wear 1 more layer than you - if you're wearing a t-shirt then baby should be in vest & t-shirt/babygro.  If costs permit you it can also be a good idea to buy a handful of outfits in various sizes (newborn, 0-3mths, 3-6mths...) as depending upon baby's weight/length at birth some of the smaller clothes may not fit/last (my eldest was 9lbs & outgrew newborn clothes within days, my nephew was 11lbs6 when born & went straight into 3-6mth clothing...).

• Options
    Lovely thanks ladies, I will start to stock up on some lighter clothes to layer up.

xDx
  • Options
    Ps I found some really good sunscreen called ultrasun.

It has fewer chemicals and is non sticky and you only apply once a day /every 6 hours.

Really happy with it and relieved. It will do us all as a family.

Hoping we only need it on a few bits for baby as he or she should mainly be covered.image

Has anyone seen any nice newborn romper suits?

I also wanted to ask about pre term clothes. It's fairly possible this one will be early but I don't have any experience of which shops are good for small clothes.

I will need unisex clothes and not a fan of brown, beige or cream. Much prefer white, silver, grey etc.

I don't even know what size a typical 37 wk gestation baby is.

Hope everyone is well xx