Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Babies position

Hi everyone,

probably an odd question but being new to all things baby i dont know what to expect. Im 24 weeks tomorrow but all my baby kicks are incredibly low, how do you know where baby is? And when will they move up?

Hope your all ok

xx

Replies

• Options

Baby might be breech at the mo hun if all ur kicks are down low. Baby is still small tho so will b moving about and flipping all over the place for a good few more weeks yet X

• Options
    Thanks Lh, hope you and your girls are doing well xxx
  • Options

We're good thanks hun x

• Options
    Hi

Don't worry about this for now. Later on your midwife will tell you and you will see bits of limb poking out. A foot here a knee and bottom or head. Quite often the back is easy to feel but it's difficult to feel the difference between bottoms and heads. image

Position doesn't matter at this stage because the baby has so much room

to move that it isn't in a position for long. They like transverse a lot whilst there is room.

You won't want baby tonne too high because it is a killer having hints shunted up under your ribs and you get to the point where you have to push them down, can't breathe or eat much due to the heartburn etc.

I remember at the end when my son dropped I was so relieved although then the low down pressure is a lot. But then your cervix needs that for labour.

Even with less room at the end babies manage to twist around if they want to. My boy was optimum position and fully engaged by 38 weeks but at indication at 40 weeks he was back to back and popped out of my pelvis.image

You will soon see the position being marked in your notes each time you see the midwife.