Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breech baby...

Hi ladies How are you all? I'm 27+5 and baby is breech. I know it's early days still but I still feel quite down about it as dd was also breech until 38+5 when luckily an ecv worked. I tried everything to get her to turn naturally but she wouldn't budge so I'm worried this lo will be the same and an ecv might not work. At the end of the day the safety of me and baby is paramount and if baby doesn't turn and I have to have a c section then so be it but I really hope it turns. How are the rest of the June ladies? Gp x

Replies

• Options

Hey hun hopefully baby will turn for u, they say ecv is more successful in subsequent pregnancies, will keep fx for u x

• Options
    Thanks lh. How are you getting on? Your lo can't be so little now. Where on earth does the time go?!
  • Options

It's nuts can't believe she's 7 weeks old tomorrow! Just coming out of her newborn clothes she's still teeny but deffo lost that newborn look! X

• Options

Hiya , hope she turns in time hun , there's plenty of time , my 1st was breech , gave birth vaginally with not too many problems , but hearing other peoples stories I realise I was very lucky , I know you agonised over the c section LH , are you feeling better in yourself now ? 7 weeks have flown by haven't they , they thought my 3rd was breech also , turns out she wasn't would have tried ecv too ,with my others I spent the last few weeks on birth ball , leaning forwards n lots of yoga on all fours , my yoga teacher said - how many times in every day life do we hang forwards or spend time on on all fours n it stuck with me , I know it doesn't work for everyone but I think it helped me , good luck hun , how's your bump coming on ? x x 

• Options

im ok thanks hun still swollen and a bit sore but doctor said that's normal n it will take a long time to go down so just playing the waiting game now. It is mad 7 weeks has just disappeared can't believe this time 7 weeks ago I was sat on a ward waiting to have my baby x

• Options

I know - only seems like yesterday , how is caitlin adjusting to being the big sis ? have you finished the antibiotics course yet , hope the swelling goes down soon , how are you managing driving etc , hope you've had lots of help with the school runs etc n you're taking it as easy as possible x x 

• Options

She loves it bless her. Yeah no more antibiotics thank god, I dont drive so have to walk everywhere So prob haven't taken it as easy as I should. Doctor told me at my 6 week check I need to lose weight. Coulda whacked the cheeky c**t! X

• Options
    Hi gp,

When is your next appointment? Hope it's good news but as you say there is time.

My last baby was back to back which caused huge issues so I am also spending lots of time on all fours, leaning over a birth ball and trying bit to slouch on the sofa or when driving. It's hard work but I feel like the muscles are getting used to it.

Hoping it works. Pregnancy yoga is also very good.

I hope they are supporting you with things to try. Xx

Hoping to hear from you soon re a reassessment showing baby has turned.
  • Options
    Well fingers crossed this little monkey has turned. The midwife thinks baby has turned but it's difficult to tell I'm getting a lot of fluttering kick type movements low down but also some high up but there's also a big hard lump high up which could be the head I suppose it could be the bottom as it's still got to fatten up a bit.

I really hope it's head down and stays for the duration on a nice front to back position!
  • Options
    I'm glad the position is looking good.

Their heads are so small at this stage. I felt my baby's head after the midwife grabbed my hands. It was really small. I always feel a bum and the back. The rest is a mystery. image
  • Options

I thought lex had turned at one point, so did all my mates but nope, she was comin out dancin lol. Hope baby has turned for u x

• Options
    Hi

Any news? I must admit I can't tell th difference much.

My baby is currently breech but it feels far more comfortable than when it was head down!

I get the occasional trampling down below but the bump feels smaller now. When it was head down I had little hands fluttering down there so I think it really is difficult for us to know.

They have plenty if room to roll about until 36 weeks, especially with a second pregnancy so don't panic.

I'm not worried...yet.image
  • Options
    Ps I should also say that it doesn't automatically mean a c section. Doctors are currently reviewing the evidence of labours vs elective sections.

It is just an assumption that it is the only way and plenty of babies were delivered vaginally in days gone by.

I think if it comes to it research it and ask around and do what you feel most comfortable with.
  • Options
    I thought I'd replied to this buy I obviously deleted before submitting.

The baby is definitely head down now which is good. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Hopefully your's will also turn Tulip. I did a lot of resea when my dd was breech and my midwife was very positive about a natural labour but I'm not sure how confident I would feel doing it naturally.
  • Options
    Great news. Fingers crossed it will stay down. It's bound to be on your mind after your last pregnancy too.

I'm 99% sure my little one has somersaulted around again now too. image

The movements have gone back to how they were before and lots of 'head' pressure down low again.