Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in June 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

May babies arriving already...

Wow! I just had a nosey at the May forum and there are two babies born early. It's freaked me out a bit. lol. Not long until we start seeing birth announcements in here I expect. I've had a noticeable increase in braxton hicks and some more discharge and baby feels a bit lower but fairly sure I am a long way off at just 31+3image Still I feel happy my body is practicing. Xx

Replies

• Options

I said exactly the same thing a few times today tulip , better get those hospital bags packed eh , Have had lots of bh too n constantly feeling the need to wee, lots of pressure down there , don't remember that with the others til further on , mentioned it to consultant Tuesday n she said it was normal , if bh last for a while n are painful then to call n go in to be checked , do not feel ready at all yet , so tired , dh is on easter hols so doing a few extra jobs n dd only went back to preschool today for half a day , back to normal next week , so should catch up on a bit of kip , don't know how you manage still working n all , hope we can hold off til much nearer the due date don't you x x 

• Options
    Hey tulip, when did your Braxton hicks start? I don't know what to expect or when. I've got a ways to go yet, but I'm starting to get nervous. I did the same as you and looked at all the early deliveries and realized how soon this could happen...this first timer is a little anxious lol
  • Options
    It's certainly not long now ladies with May upon us next week. I don't think this lo will be early but just in case, I packed my bag last weekend. There's a lot less in it than last time but I don't know what's different. Probably just the quantities of each item. I was only in a few hours with dd and if I'm in longer, dh can go home and get more stuff.

I wrote my birth plan yesterday as well. I really hope I can havd a water birth. I had to go to the hospital last time and the 2 they have were being used. The initial midwife was actually quite rude about it as well. She was obviously having a bad night. ..or she's just a miserable cow.

How's everyone feeling? I'm 33 weeks today and feel shattered. Morning sickness has returned as well which didn't happen with my dd.

I got my double buggy delivered yesterday (ebay) and very pleased. Just need to give itva wipe down and wash the seats.

When are you giving up work Tulip?
  • Options

Hi ladies,

hope your all ok. Scary that the may babies are already arriving, im 33 weeks tomorrow, when i saw midwife last week she said baby was measuring big and is off my chart, hoping that its just water,

i have no idea what to pack and not pack in my hospital bag so many lists on line don't want to take a really massive bag but don't want to forget somthng either.

things are all getting a bit uncomfortable now, went to town earlier for a few hours and it felt like id run a marathon, 

ive got 6 more shifts left at work so will finish on wednesday looking forward to that as i've  been finding the night shifts so hard lately. Once I've finished think i will knuckle down and get myself prepared, i still don't think I've realised ill be having a baby in a matter of weeks, still seems to far away! 

xxxxx

• Options

It is all getting a little scary. I'm due the same day as tuliprose (if I remember correctly) I haven't packed a bag, considered my birth plan as it all seems overwhelming at the moment.  I am quite scared about the whole birth process so think that my coping mechanism is to not think about it too much. I've started to get bh too and baby is low down and dances on my bladder regularly. 

Loving watching sproglet kick whilst I'm in the bath though. Here's hoping these babies don't all come too early, especially mine as I dont break up from work until 20th May which would make me 35 and a half ish weeks.

• Options
    Hi Annie.

The birth was a big issue for me too. We have the placenta scan tomorrow to check if a) it's no longer low lying and b) it's not on my c section scar.

Then I still need to hope cholestasis stays away to avoid an early section.

My Hypnobirthing and lazy daisy classes are really helping the anxiety and make me feel more prepared.

Could you look into something like that?
  • Options

Hi TulipRose

I might have to look into your suggestions.

I've had an appointment with my midwife today who is pleased with my progress. Sproglet is still head down and because I have done so well concerning my weight (only put on 2.3kgs), placenta is away fromy c section scar so I am all set to deliver naturally.  I also took the opportunity to discuss some of my concerns which she has reassured me on some.

I hope your scan has gone well x