Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeling stressed

anyone else?

im just struggling to think positive image cant wait to see doc on thursday so i can find out about early scan.

my poor oh keeps trying to talk me into being positive but i cant

Replies

• Options
    What's stressing U out hun? I know I just want my scan which is on the 22nd long wait but I just want to know everything is ok with my nubbin x try an relax I know its hard but its not good for the baby if U do xxx can U not speak to ur mw about ur concerns? X
  • Options
    Not seen her yet lol I'd just like a little window so I can look and see bun is ok lol
  • Options

I know, id love to do the same to. An then u think oh ill be fine once i have this scan an i know everything is ok, but ya dont u still worry until ur next an then u worry til u go into labour an have the baby in ur arms, but then u still worry so its definately from the moment u find out ur pregnant u never stop worrying about ur babies lol x

• Options
    Oh Puddy it's so difficult not to stress, if its not one thing it's another ... I know I'm stressing at the minute because I have next to no symptoms, which on the face of it I should be jumping up and down about until they suddenly kick in! Hope the doctor on Thursday can help reassure you and get you the early scan so you can relax a little more knowing things are progressing as they should (((hugs))) x
  • Options

thatnks girls im a little less stressed today ive had a good nights sleep (1st in about a week) lol hope everyone else is all ok??

• Options

I've been feeling iincredibly nauseaous and tired but I still feel twitchy about there being nothing at the 3 month scan!

I'm also a bit panicky about how difficult it's going to be having two little ones to look after!!!

• Options
    Look on the bright side, if you've no cause for alarm then there probably is no need to worry at all - just remember that the epu scans are there for those who really do need them because of bleeding or severe pain. Can't you pay for an early scan just for peace of mind? I would if I wereas stressed as you are. Take it easy, your hubby sounds like he's giving good advice. X
  • Options
    If doc says I can have one on NHS I will as I feel due to history I do need a early scan. But if not we will pay for one.

Bless you redhead I suppose I should stop complaining I don't have sickness image two is ok it just takes some adjusting!
  • Options
    You're not on your own Puddy. I have an early scan tomorrow due to early bleeding. I am trying to stay positive as I have a tummy and ms but I can't help but think 'what if...'

You have no reason to worry so try not to! Calm is best for baby!x
  • Options

good luck juliewoo!! let us know how you get on!

my doc app is today feel like ive been waiting months for it not two weeks!!

xxxx

• Options

Hope scan went well today Juliewoo!

How did your Dr appointment go Puddy?

I had a bleed on Sunday so went for an early scan on Monday - thankfully all was well and we even seen the heartbeat (or fetal pole as they call it!). They also put my date back almost a week, so feel like I'm having to go through the really early stages all over again. 

After that scare, and the absolute state I got myself into, I've sworn to myself (And DH) to relax and try not to panic about every symptom (or lack of!). Easier said than done sometimes though...! I've also been banned from google-searching - my DH now has to do it for me if I wasnt to know something, becuase no matter what you type in, you'll find one awful outcome amongst the hundred of lovely outcomes, and obviously I convince myself that is what's happening!

Still going to pay for a private scan just after 8wks - purely for my own piece of miind!

• Options
    Bless you cherry are you still bleeding? Doc app was more or less pointless doc said I could self refer turned out I can't image so have to call doc in two weeks and she will book me a scan with hospital so we getting a private scan next week hoping that it won't be to early as it seems to be a fine line
  • Options

Aw no Puddy, I honestly thought they would be happy to refer you. At least you've got the private scan to look forward to though. How far do you expect to be gone at your scan? 

Not bleeding anymore thank goodness! Just had one episode - seemed like lots of blood though - I noticed because it was actually dripping into the toilet bowl (sorry if tmi!) . But the midwife I spoke to at my EPU said they would actually call that spotting because it didn't carry on! 

Just got my booking appt and first scan date through so going to time my private scan in the middle to keep me sane!

• Options

the doc will refer me ill just have to wait 2-3 more weeks and i honestly dont think i could bare it for that long without having a complete meltdown!!! so im having private scan next friday evening i should be 7+1.

how many weeks are you now?? (i keep loosing track of everyone!!)

i agree that google isnt the best idea but i spend half my day looking through it lol

• Options
    Hi girls. Thank you for the thoughts. I'm a happy bean today. Everything ok and saw the tiny heartbeat. Dated me 7+5. Need to get onto the doctor now to sort scans.

Glad the bleeding stopped Cherrycracker. I had bleeding too! Think it is more common than you think.

Puddy... at least you have that scan to look forward to! It feels so surreal!x
  • Options
    Bless you cherry are you still bleeding? Doc app was more or less pointless doc said I could self refer turned out I can't image so have to call doc in two weeks and she will book me a scan with hospital so we getting a private scan next week hoping that it won't be to early as it seems to be a fine line