Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

should I be worried?

Im 10+1 and In the early hours of this morning I was woken up by really severe stomach pains, right down low near my pubic bone. It felt like really bad period pains, so bad I couldn't move until it passed which was around 3-4 mins later, and I was convinced that I was going to wake up this morning covered in blood and no longer pregnant image I haven't really been worried up until now, but this scared the hell out of me. As it happens, I went to the the loo when I woke up and there wasn't so much as a spot of blood, should I still be worried or just monitor it and see how it goes?

Replies

• Options

Hi hun , sorry it scared you , I used to have pains like that with my last , so severe the only way it was soothed was to put my bum in the air n rock side to side , think it's just the ligaments stretching , try not to worry hun , but if you are mention it to your mw , try n take it easy n rest as much as you can , easier said than done with a lo I know x x x

• Options

Poor you image Does sound like a good ol' ligament stretch though. Hope it's just a one off.

• Options
    It is scary when you all of a sudden get pains that come from nowhere. I'd def monitor things, chat with your MW for reassurance and hopefully it will be just things stretching and adjusting, it's reassuring there was no bleed and it isn't a constant or getting worse but always worth getting advice from MW x
  • Options
    Agree with all the ladies, try not to worry but there is never any harm in chatting to MW and she can advise or reassure you xx