Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due May 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone else still going?

Hi girls. Lovely to see some birth announcements!! Anyone else still going? I'm 2 days overdue and really hoping not to wait too much longer. How is everyone else?x

Replies

• Options
    I'm booked for a section on thu so only days left. Weird this time round, knowing when baby is coming xx
  • Options
    Good luck for Thursday Mummy2Mia and hope you're not waiting too much longer juliewoo - I went a week over with my first and remember how frustrating that was. This time it feels weird to be a week off my due date and him already be here and almost 2 weeks old! x
  • Options

How are u feeling being overdue Julie? Is this ur first baby? I hope your not waiting too much longer image

I can't believe Anoushka was exactly a month early an is 6 weeks tomorrow! I was due 4th May an had her 4th April, at least her birth date is really easy for people to remember 04/04/14 lol and she weighed 5lb 5oz an a half lol. 

Its weird isn't Teapot when you go early but my son was also early he was 37+4 but i was 37+3 when i went into labor. I'm glad in a way because i suffer with pelvic girdle pain and i was 18 stone with my son so it was really painful for me but i lost over 7 stone im now 10/11 stone (i havent weighed myself since i had Anoushka but most of my clothes before i had her have gone big so im guesiing ive lost a bit more lol) but it gets worse with every pregnancy so it was still painful this time just glad i didn't have the extra weight other wise i think id ave been on crutches or in a wheel chair image.

How is ur little one doing Teapot? x

• Options

I'm still waiting. Having weekly consultant appointments in the hope of being induced (baby's shoulders are measuring on 90th percentile & I had a complicated birth last time), but so far he says my body isn't receptive.... Hopefully we aren't waiting much longer!

I'm only 39 weeks but am impatient! I feel for you Julie as with my first I went 12 days over and felt like she would never come!

• Options
    Congratulations teapot and Laura. Hope you're enjoying your time with those bubas!

MrsP hope it's not too long hun. I have measured big at some appointments and have panicked cos I'm petite. Was a size 6 prepregnacy. I've got the mw tomorrow when she'll do a sweep.

Have they tried a sweep yet MrsP?x
  • Options

Don't worry too much about your bump size - I measured a bit ahead last time but she was 8lb3oz and two weeks late - so not too big! This time my bump was measuring 47cm which is why they have scanned me - I really am enormous this time!

The consultant tried a sweep last week, but my cervix is still far back so he also tried to pull it forward (didn't know they could do that). I think he will do another on Wednesday when I go again.

Hope your sweep works for you today! x

• Options
    A week overdue today! The wait is making me an emotional wreck!!

They wouldn't do a sweep as baby is too high. Booked in again on Friday. Looks like I'll be going for induction on Monday though : ( x
  • Options

Good luck to you all, being preggers in this weather is a killer I feel for u! X

• Options

That's a shame Julie image with my first they didn't manage a sweep at all either. I saw the consultant yesterday again and he tried again, and actually said he managed to touch the head & do a full sweep this time so fingers crossed it'll do something for me!

Thanks LH86, the weather has changed here today and it's a nice relief!

• Options

Good luck for today Mummy2Mia, hope it all goes well x 

Hope it's not too much longer for you julie , every day after feels like a week doesn't it x 

Hope the sweep worked MrsP3, n you are in active labour as we speak , exciting times x

Yes , it is a welcome relief , fingers n feet puffed up in the hot weather , was gorgeous yesterday n I was stuck in hospital all day , now it's raining , great .... but much cooler , never thought I'd be glad to say that !  x 

• Options
    Mummy2Mia - how did your section go? Hope you're recovering well and enjoying snuggles x