Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Haven't been around for a while....

Hi Ladies,

Just catching up! I haven't been on for a while. Things haven't been great. Everyone in the house has been poorly for about the last 2 months. It keeps going from one person to the other and just keeps going round and round. Two weeks ago, I thought I was getting yet another cold, which was then diagonsed as the Flu then on the Wednesday I was rushed into hospital where they told me I have Pnemonia! I was there for nearly a week and was on IV and Oral Antibiotics and Oxygen and Nebuliser Therepy. It was all pretty scary. My DH, Mum and Sister did a fab job looking after Holly-Kate. It was unbearable not being with her and I was really upset because I had been coping really well with my PND but I seemed to take a nose dive back into depression. I'm starting to get back on track though (espcially now I'm back home) and I'm so excited about Christmas! The snow is making everything look so festive although it is proving very difficult to get about.

I have to go back to the hospital in the New Year though as when they took my bloods there was something abnormal which suggests I might have Crohns Disease. I am showing symptoms which is a bit worrying. My Mum has Crohns and has struggled with it for 14 years so I'm hoping that it is not as severe as hers as she had everything removed in a huge op 2 years ago and now has a colostomy bag.

Anyway, I'm not feeling too bad at the moment so I'm just going to enjoy Christmas and worry about it in the New Year.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas with your Families and a very happy New Year!

Kim

Replies

• Options
    Hey hon, sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you. Good that you're feeling more positive - take care and have a fantastic christmas! xx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Hope everything works out fine for you.

Merry christmas, hope LO enjoys her 1st christmas.
  • Options
    Aww hun, times have been hard for you!! The sicky house sounds like ours but just viruses and colds nit major flu!

I hope you have an amazing xmas to cheer you up x
  • Options
    Ah poor you Kim. I'm glad you are home and looking forward to Christmas though. Look after yourself hun x
  • Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon Kim and I hope that everything comes back clear for the chrones disease. My DH has had ulcerative colitis for about 7 years now and his consultant is worried that he now has crones too so I understand a bit of what you're going through. Xxx