Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Finger Foods

Hi ladies, just wondering what finger foods are you giving your little ones??

I have tried banana and toast, rusks and organix crisps but she has choked a couple of times. Once where i had to whack her back andshe went blue. So im scared if giving anything that doesn't instantly melt in her mouth x

Replies

• Options
    Similar to you - toast, banana, organix snacks and I've tried her on veg sticks carrot (cooked) and slices of cucumber and tomato. She occasionally gags but I've not had a choking incident yet!
  • Options
    I have a very independent little boy who desperately wants to be like his big brother so wants virtually everything as finger food & whatever everyone else is eating! We now try to do one finger food meal & one 'spoon' meal (with finger food on the side) per day.

So far he's had:

Toast, muffin, crumpet, cucumber, carrot, mixed veg, pasta, cheese, chicken, new potato, breadsticks, rice cakes, rich tea fingers (as a treat), Organix snacks, cheerios, yorkshire pudding, brussels, peas, apple, banana, pear, clementines
  • Options
    Oh God, Lara eats everything.lol She has the same meals as us every night, Spag bol, roasts, whatever i make and i dont cut anything up, she just grabs it and eats.lol

She loves roasts with whatever meat she can just hold and chew, potatoes and all veg. She has also had chicken nuggets and mash (yep with her fingers) lol

Think i'll introduce cutlery when she's one and has the dexterity to do it herself.

P.s she absolutely adores corn on the cob. Its all she'd eat if i let her.lol

xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Grace loves finger foods! It gets messy lol she will have alsorts - fruit, ham, boiled eggs, cheese cut up, cucumber, tomatoes, Yorkshire puds, veg, sandwiches. It's just trial and error chick, she will take to finger foods in her own time x
  • Options
    Leah loves finger foods but likes to stuff the whole lit in her mouth. She wants everything we eat slabs grabs for it. Its more me stopping her having them as im petrified she will choke x
  • Options
    Someone suggested soaking toast in a little bit of milk the other day as it makes it soggier. They reckon their baby wolfed it up.

Might try it later.