Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What is wrong with me? (moan alert)

I really don't know what to think for the past 3 months or so coming up to my period I've been getting angry at the tiniest wee things (usually Dave's done something) in the whole scheme of things it is never important. Then I burst into tears for no reason whatsoever. I always put it down to PMT. But, it just seems to be spilling out over the entire month & I don't know what to think. I'm in the middle of my cycle & just seem to be going from one extreme to the other. For example I was just sitting downto write this & Dave brings Rhea over to play I mean can't he see I'm busy? So he puts Rhea down on the floor & Goes & sits on the chair & I end up having to pick Rhea up off the floor cause she's over playing with the wires. Then I burst into tears cause I should be enjoying time with her, but sometimes I just want a few hours to myself. Dave does loads to help, but sometimes I just think he doesn't understand how much goes ino my day. He's never been on his own with her all day. I just keep thinking how will he cope when I have to go away, (I have to go away for 2 weeks training before returning to work). The other thing that gets me angry at the min is he likes to have an afternoon nap, then does weights or goes for a run, which I activly encourage, but sometimes I just want a bit of time to myself, & have a bit of moan to him about napping or working out then he goes off in a huff.

I know that when I'm angry or in tears that I'm being totally stupid & just can't understand why I feel like this. Sorry for the moan, just know you ladies might understand & it's good to write it all down.

Replies

• Options
    Oh hon, sorry you're feeling like this. I'm sure our hormones are all over the place still. I haven't had a period yet, but I swear I am getting PMT! I ridiculously over-reacted this morning when my browser crashed when I was trying to pay my credit card bill.

Have you left Rhea on her own with him yet? Maybe worth doing a day just to see how he gets on (give him a better idea of what it's like for you too!). If he's allowed some "me time" then you should be allowed some too! Maybe agree some time when he's in charge and you can do what you like?
  • Options
    Awww, Jayne. I agree with Lizzie - I think hormones are still running a little bit riot so don't give yourself too hard a time, hun.

We have exactly the same problem at weekends in that I feel like they are a normal day for me and that I don't get 'time out' at all. But then, if I suggest that hubby takes her out, bathes her, etc (which he is always, always more than happy to do - sometimes he just needs prompting) I feel really guilty like I am 'offloading' her almost just so that I can read the paper or have a bath. Because of that, I end up not enjoying the time I do get free!

I think Lizzie's idea of having a day or afternoon out is a really good one (if only because Dave needs to experience being on his own with her for when you are away). It's such a tricky balance, isn't it but we all need a rest and some 'me time'. Hope you feel better soon my lovely xxxx
  • Options
    Sounds like our house hun. Nick has no idea what it is like to look after leah all day. His laptop, weights or whatever just seem to take priority til i pester.so i can understand your frustration.

Did work get back to you about your hours? Did you appeal? X
  • Options
    I am so with you on both fronts. Firstly I seem to be so short tempered nowadays. I calm down quickly but the smallest things frustrate me and I just seem to snap and either shout or cry. I'm sure it's a combo of hormones and non-stop exhaustion for the last nine months.

Also I totally know where you're coming from with Dave as Simon also seems to have so much more me time than I do. For eg I am out next Saturday by myself from about 10.30 first at a bridesmaid dress fitting and then at a 30th birthday party. I'm driving back from the party in the evening but it will be late so he'll be on his own for most of the day. He is fine about it but has made it quite clear that it's a one off and that on Sunday he expects to have the day to himself while I take the girls out. Yet this weekend I took both girls to jessica's ballet class at 8.30 yestrday, we got back at 10 and he was still in bed then he went out to the cinema at 11 and wasn't home when we went out for a play date at 2. So basically he saw the girls between 5 and 7pm and had the rest of the day to himself yet I still sorted their tea and we shared bath and bedtime between us as usual but today he wanted to watch the football and expected me to have the girls for most of the day again. Which I really don't mind as I was meeting a friend for lunch anyway but it's just that I feel like him looking after them by himself is something I then owe him a favour for but he never sees it like that when I look after the girls by myself.

Bloody men!
  • Options
    Like the other girls, I can totally sympathise hun. I am really snappy with Alex sometimes & I know for me at least it is because I am tired & have used all my patience up with Benjamin through the day. One thing that has helped (in a roundabout way) is me being poorly all this last weekend with an awful migraine - Alex had to do everything with B & it has given him a big insight into what goes on! So maybe feign poorliness next time Dave is off?!

The gym/exercise thing is the same here - Alex goes to the gym through the week when he is at work, but then goes to the gym evenings/weekends too (he tells me the work gym is weights, home gym is cardio (yes, he's in two gyms...)!), I am jealous because I don't think he should be going - he would happily look after B so I could go but I'm too knackered & have no motivation - so I feel like he should be the same. Utterly ridiculous I know but that's how I feel!!

Definitely hormones a-go-go - I'm like Lizzie & still haven't had an AF but I'm sure something must be going on!

XXX
  • Options
    Thanks girlies, Just from listening to your replies I feel so much better knowing that you have felt same way at times.

I think after a few good sleeps I do feel a lot better & realise I need to wise up sometimes