Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ear Infection / Antibiotics

Holly-Kate had a cold about a week and a half ago and as a result has quite a bad Ear Infection. I left it for a few days with no anitbiotics like the doctor suggested but it wasn't clearing up so she started the medication on Friday evening for 5 days (2.5ml three times a day). Since starting them she has had a really upset tummy (Saturday she had 8 dirty nappies, yesterday was 6 and today so far is 6). This is listed as a side effect from the medicine but is this ok? It seems like so much. All she is doing is eating, pooping and sleeping lots (and every so often has a screaming fit and grabs at her ear because she's in pain. I'm making sure she is drinking extra water to keep her hydrated.

Should I be doing anything else and is this all normal?

Thanks for any advice you have.

Kim & Holly-Kate (12 Weeks + 1 day)

Replies

• Options
    Aww Kim, sorry to hear Holly-Kate is poorly.

It's hard to know what is right isn't it? I would ring the docs just to make sure. Extra water can also make babies poo more (I only know this because I was advised to give water when Ollie used to get constipated) so it may just be a combination of that and the medicine.

Hope she's feeling a little bit better today.

H xx