Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice please?

Hi all,
I've just noticed a similar post but didn't want to gatecrash another thread.

Rhodri's been feeding fine, everything's pretty settled with the breastfeeding and he's gaining weight pretty speedily! But today and yesterday after his feeds he's been in quite a bit of discomfort - really grizzly and often high pitched cries, pulling his legs up and his tummy going hard.

I'm presuming it's wind but I haven't experienced this with Rhodri or my dd before. It's strange that it's just suddenly started out of the blue - maybe he's being a bit greedy as he's a big boy and feeds well.

Is this what Infacol is used for? Or are there are any winding positions that people have found to be successful in easing the discomfort?

Thanks,
Ruth & a windy Rhodri.

Replies

• Options
    We used to use infacol we used it before every feed & it certainly helped. After a feed we kept rhea upright, over our shoulders & while rubbing her back gently bounced her as well, it brought up wind, but don't bounce too hard or u will bring the milk back up.

Just the way ur saying about a hard tummy, is he maybe constipated as when rhea was on SMa she got very constipated & had a hard tummy. If this is the case, lie him down & gently lift his legs to a 90 degree angle, it helps to make him fart & hopefully ease it a bit. Also we moved rhea's legs in like a cycling motion, it's the same principal as before.

Hope this helps & hope rhodri feels better soon.

Jayne xx
  • Options
    That's a really good idea about the legs thing, I'll try that.
    Thanks Jayne xx
  • Options
    well how is Rhodri today, is he a bit better?