Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is anyone else.....

Thinking of TTC again already, or is it just me being totally mental!! We're going to wait until Blake is 6 months then come off the pill, but it ttok so long last time that we're thinking of coming off pill now and just seeing how things go, and lets face it, with a 3 month old, who has the time to do any BD anyway!! lol

Anyone else getting broody already??

Replies

• Options
    I said about a week after rhea was born when are we trying again. It took us 3 years to concieve, mainly down to hormones in pill not agreeing with me. So we're starting ttc at Christmas, but as we're not using contraception if it happened sooner we won't be complaining.

I can't wait to have another lo

Jayne xx
  • Options
    You are not crazy at all.

I can not wait to try again. We were thinking of TTC in April when Finley is 1 but now are talking about christmas.

I have just had aninterview for a new job so if I get that we may have to hold off for a bit longer but I am ssoooooooo broody.

I loved being pregnant and really can not wait to be in labour again.

I wonder who will be announcing a BFP first image
  • Options
    So not crazy!!! OH wants to wait for a couple of years but I'd start TTC tomorrow if he'd let me!!! So so broody!!!
  • Options
    It's kind of the opposite for me! But Rhodri is my second.

I adore my little babies to bits but I have to say it's pretty tough going with a two year old and a 3 month old. It doesn't help that my 2 year old is going through the 'terrible twos' and has also decided that she wants to be up and about at 5am every morning!

Me and DH always thought we'd have three children but we're starting to rethink. Definitely wouldn't want another one anytime soon but I must admit the thought of not doing all of this again makes me feel quite sad. I dread to think what my hormones would be like a third time though, knowing that it would be the last time for everything. Who knows, but as it goes, our current abstinence isn't going to be getting us anywhere!!
  • Options
    I'm so torn! Grace is our 2nd and I've always had an open mind as to whether we have 2 or 3 children but towards the end of my pg dh and I both felt that we definitely wanted a 3rd soonish. In the blur of the first few weeks he changed his mind and is happy with 2 but I'm still quite keen on 3 - although am also feeling so lucky to have 2 healthy girls I don't know if trying for 3 is being greedy LOL!

Saying all this we BDd without contraception last week and it made me realise that I def don't want to be pg again just yet - so fingers crossed the bfing is doing the trick at the mo!!
  • Options
    Goodluck to all those that are going to try again image
    Lara is my 3rd but my partners 1st. Ofc he would like another but i was told by docs that because after 3 sections my uterus is too stretched and it is too dangerous to concieve again. Its a shame as i would like to give him another but its just my own fault for opting for the easier option of c-section.lol
    I have 3 noisy, annoying, argumentative children, all of which i wouldnt swap for the world.
    GOODLUCK ALL!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    You're not mad.
    I always said when I was pg with this lo, and even after having her, that 4 was enough and I didn't want anymore. DH agreed and booked himself in for the snip, which is happening on the 26th july.
    BUT now that it's going to be a definate no more children, I can't help but think that I might want more.
    I think it's just a case of wanting what I cant have.
    I really couldn't cope with anymore.
    Goodluck to all you ladies who decide to TTC, whether it's in the far off future or the none to distant.
    Karen x
  • Options
    I feel more broody now than I did before we started TTC before! We'd like about a 2 year gap though, so we'll probably start TTC again this time next year (it happened on the first try for us this time!).

I'm planning to keep BF until Daisy is 6 months, so I would quite like my body to be my own for a few months before I'm pregnant again.
  • Options
    I'm with you leeann! We are TTC already as we have a few obstacles in our way! For a start, it took us 18 months to conceive Matilda, I also have a cyst on my left ovary (I am having an op to remove it on Thurs!) but it could cause us some issues if I lose my ovary. I'm also 32 and conscious I ain't getting any younger! I'm a bit wary as I had a c-section and we are also moving to the other end of the country in Sept but I guess they're all bridges we'll cross when we get there! xxx
  • Options
    If you'd asked me 6 weeks ago I would have said I didn't want any more babies! That was when I was dealing with a baby who had really bad colic though. I'd love another now!

We've got to be practical though. I had to defer the final year of my degree when I got pregnant and have to go back and do it again in September. It's going to be tough doing that, going back to work and looking after one baby without thinking about number 2.

Hopefully by the end of next year we can start thinking about another! xx
  • Options
    awww I'm so glad its not just me. But as with Kayecee, as I had a c-section last time I'm a bit nervous. I would love to go for a VBAC this time as I do want a big family, so the less sections the better. I can't wait to go through pregnancy again, and for Blake to be a big brother.

Good luck to all of us who are TTC again xx
  • Options
    I'm planning to keep BF until Daisy is 6 months, so I would quite like my body to be my own for a few months before I'm pregnant again.

I know exactly what you mean Lizzie!! It will be nice to have a few guilt free glasses of wine before getting pg again!!! And to make sure the baby weight is well and truly banished image