Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What on Earth is the matter???

Lucas has been fantastic for the last 3 weeks, sleeping through, eating well every 4 hours, plenty of awake time, just the napping issues I've mentioned on here before.

Last night he just would not take his bottle (hubby gives him EBM at bedtime) when we offered it, he just screamed and screamed. I offered him boob and he again would not latch on and just sobbed. I thought it might be teething so gave him some calpol and he went straight to sleep. He then took his bottle about an hour later with minimal fuss. He didn't need feeding last night, but kept waking up and grumbling ever couple of hours, and we ended up getting up at 7.30 where he'd normally go till 8.30. He had first feed no problems. Tried to feed him at 12, and again with the screaming and no proper feed, and he's just done it again now! He just seems to want to sleep all the time, and he just won't feed.

Do worried that he's gone from feeding so well back to where we were when his colic was awful!

I did try Calpol again thus afternoon, but no difference to feeding today.

Any ideas? What should I do?

H and LJ 3 months today!!!

Replies

• Options
    I wonder whether the heat is making them all out of kilter? Matilda has slept loads and hardly eaten today and I'm having trouble with generally getting her to take on enough milk. That's the first thing that springs to mind x
  • Options
    You could be right...today's been nice and cool though do don't understand why he's so tired. He's had about an hour and a half of awake happy time and the rest of the day's been crying or sleeping.

Really starting to think this might be teething...his hands are in his mouth constantly and if mine go anywhere near his mouth he tries for them too. His nappies are loose for him, not really bad, but not usual for him, and more regular than normal. He's also just started with rosy cheeks and a shed load of dribble that he keeps choking on!

Would teething explain loss if appetite though. Decided to try him with expressed milk as trying boob was just making him angry, and he's had less than 15oz today! When we were FF at 6 weeks he took more than that in a day!

He's just had a lovely bath, giggles and the lot, cried as soon as we got out and refused his bottle again and fallen asleep on me.

Just don't know what to think or do. His temp is about 37, not much above normal for him.

Getting myself all worried!
  • Options
    Sounds like he is a bit under the weather although if he's not got a temp and is still smiley and happy at some points in the day it's prob not anything serious - just something that's causing a bit of discomfort like teething or a bit of a cold. I wouldn't worry too much about his milk intake as it can vary from day to day and it's what they take over the course of a week that's more important but if he's still a bit off in a day or so might be worth getting the gp or hv to check him over?

Xxxx
  • Options
    Renri, I could've written your post, after seemingly cracking our bedtime routine and have a nice chilled out last bottle. Ryan has been all out of sorts the last few days. Happy bath, getting upset while he's being dried off then going ballistic at his bottle and hardly taking anything. Yesterday he went mad at nearly every feed so was going to go to drop in and see the hv today, but he fed brilliantly, every 3-3.5hours taking 5-6 hours then last feed before bed and it all went wrong again