Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ssshhhh sleeping through the night

I want to shout it from the roof tops but had better stick to whispering instead. We seem to have cracked sleeping through the night.
For the last 2???? weeks Kayleigh-Mae has pretty much slept each night through, apart from 2 nights where DH let her nap too close to bedtime.
She usually goes down for the night at about 10, but it can be as early as 9.30 or as late as 11.30 and doesn't wake til about 7 or 8.
I can't tell you how much of a big thing this is for me as my other 3 children were still waking in the night until they were about 18 months and DS2 still occasionally wakes in the night. Although he just comes and gets into bed with us now, rather than waking us up crying.
This morning Kayleigh-Mae woke at 7 to be fed, which I did lying down in bed with her next to me, after about 15mins she went back to sleep, despite my DS2 being in the bed next to her kissing her, and is still asleep now image
I feel like a different person now that I'm getting proper sleep and I'm sure DH thinks I'm nicer to live with now :lol:
Hope the rest of you ladies start to get the goodnights sleep you deserve, if you're not already doing so.
Karen + Kayleigh-Mae 12???? weeks

Replies

• Options
    Well done Kayleigh-Mae. You're right Karen, it does make you a nicer person when you get enough sleep! I bet you're really chuffed.

I must say Oliver is improving during the night too (fingers crossed!)

H xx
  • Options
    Oh well done!!!! It's fab!! We're getting there too, most nights are bout 9 until 8 or 9 but there is a few nights she wakes at 3 for a couple of ozs from bottle. But we're getting there too! Long may it continue image
  • Options
    Amelia isn't going through the night yet but I put her down much earlier. She goes to bed between 7 - 7.30pm and wakes up between 7 - 7.30am. We feed her before we go to bed at 1030 and she normally goes through to 430 before needing a feed.

Don't think I could keep her up until 9.30...she'd be asleep in my lap.
  • Options
    I didnt want to post anything like this, for fear of seeming nasty but lara has slept through since day 1. We have no routine, she just sleeps when she wants to. so i couldnt tell you how many naps she has during the day or anything but on average she will be fast asleep by 9pm and she will wake up at 7:10 every morning, which is great, just in time to get the other two ready for school image
    xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Things are getting better for us too? For the last 2weeks we've been putting grace to bed at the same time as dd1 - around 7-7.30 and she's sleeping through till about 3.30 most nights (although I sometimes also do a dream feed at 11ish when I go to bed). I also had a bit of a revelation this week when I realized that when she wakes at 5ish it's because it's light and not because' she's hungry so she's now hanging on till between 7 & 8am for her next feed. I'm finally feeling like thee end is in sight and that it won't be long before she's sleeping through for a full 12 hours. Can't wait!!

Xx
    Feebs & Grace (9 weeks)

• Options
    Woohoo! Looks like we are all turning a corner! Matilda is sleeping from 7.30 through to about 5 ish and then the damn light wakes her up - really need to figure out how to fix that! x
  • Options
    Brilliant, proper sleep makes such a difference!!

Benjamin is sleeping from 7.15pm till around 4am, wakes for about a 20 minute feed then back down (usually without dummy, whoop!) to anywhere between 6am (yawn) or 8am (yipee!!!)...

KayeCee, as a short term fix you could try something like black sugarpaper to keep the light out?!

xxx
  • Options
    Feebs, what have you done to beat the light thing now you've realised it's that and not feeding? I suspect Rhodri's doing something similar but we've not got black outs in our room and we're not ready to put him in his room yet.
    xx