Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Such a Worry!!

Pointless post really but need to get it off my chest.

My husband is self employed and his last contract conveniently finished when Matthew was born and he planned to take a month off. We have just been told that the new contract that he was hoping to take up next week is no longer an option. This means that OH is officially out of work and there does not appear to be much on the horizon. I am so worried about our finances now but don't want to burden OH with my worries as I know that he feels awful as he is a very proud and hard working man and desperately wants to provide for his new family!

I am worried about our financs and selfishly keep thinking that I may have to cut my maternity leave short to ensure that we have at least one income coming in!!

I know nobody on here can help but just wanted to let my worries out in the hope that It would make me feel better!! :\(

Replies

• Options
    Oh no, that's rubbish. I know it might not help much but these things really do have a funny way of sorting themselves out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxx
  • Options
    Oh hon, that must be difficult for you.

Just try and think of it as some bonus time together I guess, I'm sure it will work out...it's amazing what we can do without when weneed to!

Hxx
  • Options
    Really sorry hun. Perhaps you should talk to your OH - maybe not to tell him how worried you are but to agree an action plan on where you could make some cuts for now - it always makes me feel better if I have things written down (usually in a spreadsheet, I'm a geek!).

Also, I agree with renri - look at as some extra family time, I really hope your OH finds something soon.

• Options
    Oh hun what a worry for you both. I hate money! We had a huge row about it last week as my dh was made redundant last year so we didn't have chance to save for my mat leave and now we're ok but its tight and I'm feeling guilty for taking so much time off. I'm sure it will all work out soon for you guys and as the others have said at least you can spend extra time as a family whilst he's between contracts. Xxx
  • Options
    Hurray!! My OH starts a new contract on Monday!!!
  • Options
    Nice one!!!!!!
  • Options
    Fab news! x
  • Options
    Yay! That's great news!