Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I know I am being totally unreasonable but my bloody MIL

I just can't help getting more and more irritated by my MIL. I know that she does not mean any harm but she really does get on my t*ts!!

She keeps refering to our son as her baby boy. I have to bite my tongue to stop myself from say "he is MY baby not yours". She constantly says things like "what are they (us) doing to you" and "come to nanna, i can stop you from crying" (when she blatently can't. She buys totally unsuitable toys for him and keeps turning up with second hand stuff from the charity shop! Now, I have nothing against charity shops or second havd things so long as I know where they have come from, probably totally unreasonable, but I can't help it, I have a bit of cleanliness OCD.

She tells me that my son looks nothing like me and only like his dad. She passes him round like a parcel to anyone and everyone. Even my OH is getting fed up of it!

I could go on but don't want to sound like a total lunatic.

No need to reply just wanted to vent my woes!!

Replies

• Options
    Gatecrashing from BIJune

Just wanted to say I feel your pain.

xx
  • Options
    Gatecrashing from BIJune

Just wanted to say I feel your pain.

xx
  • Options
    Yes me too image
    We have the "give me my baby" as we walk in the door.
    "what has she dressed you in today"
    "you can leave her here next week" !!! like bloody hell.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    clairol2: how about
    "give me my baby" your son is right behind us.
    "what has she dressed you in today" clothes
    "you can leave her here next week" great. your boobs are producing milk though right?
  • Options
    Bloody MILs!!!! I have just written a post myself, so I feel your pain! What is it with some people?

• Options
    My MIL is fab and so is my mum, but my grandmother is diabolical. The comments she comes out with ....

"Don't let him get fat" !!!??? Okay I'll put my perfectly healthy 4 month old baby on a diet

"He needs a drink give him water" - this she repeats every 2 minutes.

"Babies should be sleeping through the night by 1 month old, you are spoiling him."

"Don't pick him up all the time when he cries else he will get whiny, I hate whiny babies"

Oh there's so many more but I won't bore you all! Sorry to change from MIL's ...

• Options
    ..... try this one

'Don't leave the baby in the car when you go into Mothercare, you shouold take her in with you'

What the f**k!?!? You are actually telling me this as if I would otherwise have done just that???
  • Options
    I can't believe what she has suggested today. The in-laws are off on holiday in a few weeks time. They are going abroad for 4 weeks! She actually suggested that my LO went with them WTF!!! I just can't believe that she would think this reasonable. I do actually think that she believes my baby is her baby. Now surely this isn't just me being unreasonable??
  • Options
    FFS!!! Did she really mean it?? I think she must think he is hers.

I also think you need to have it out with her (I am with mine this weekend!) and tell her how you feel about certain things.

xx
  • Options
    can you not reply with excellent! we'd love to come with you!!! now you see, this is a prime example of why breastfeeding is best! nobody can take your baby anywhere. :lol:
  • Options
    Calleigh, the way she is going it wouldn't surprise me if she tried to breastfeed him herself. Eewwww, what a horrible thought. I am going to bed before any other horrific thoughts enter my head! I think she would prefer it if I wasn't around at all and then she would have him all to herself!