Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleepy 8 week old

Hi there

I have a feeling I am going to come across as a paranoid mother but thought I would just check anyway!! I have also posted this in baby.

I have an 8 week old who in the last day or so has seemed to be really sleepy throughout the day, she wakes up to be fed and is then asleep again within an hour or so which is very different to how she was before, she would usually be awake for a couple of hours (not including feeding) in the morning and afternoon.

She has started to sleep longer at night but this has been happening for a week or so which means it doesn't seem to coincide with the day sleepyness. She is feeding fine.

Has anyone had a similar experience, any advice?

Many thanks ladies

Liz
x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry I can't help at all but I will be keeping an eye on the topic because Fin is 8 weeks and for the last couple of days has been very very sleepy. Much more so than normal.

He does seem to be feeding for longer as well so I wondered if maybe he is putting all his energy into a growth spurt but I have no idea.

Sorry no help at all but at least you know that your not alone :\)
  • Options
    Believe me it is a help just to know someone is in the same position. I've just spoken to a friend who has two and says she thinks growth spurt too. Lucy didn't seem more hungry yesterday but this morning woke up early for a feed so I suspect this may be the case.

Love your sons name by the way, that would have been our boys name!

xx
  • Options
    Hi Wif

Just to let you know I saw the HV today and she said growth spurt too. She said you have to look at the whole picture with babies and assuming they're feeding OK, are not obviously irritable or uncomfortable it is more than likely a GS.