Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Growth Spurt!!!!

Well for the last few weeks Kayleigh-Mae has resumed waking up in the night, which I put down to it being too hot at night with the blinking heat wave we had, but I'm now begining to think it was a growth spurt.
I took her to baby clinic to be weighed and measured yesterday, last weigh in was 4 weeks ago, last measurement was 8 weeks ago. Anyway she's gone from 13lb 2 to 14lb 14, so nice and steady following the 75th centile and her lenght has gone from 58cm to 66 cm so from the 75th centile to the 98th image. I know it's only a cm a week in effect, but it seems to have happened all at once. She no longer fits in her 0-3 month sleepsuits and her feet hang over the end of her car seat, she just seems to have sprouted really long legs. I'm gonna have to buy some bigger growbags too now :lol:
Karen + Kayleigh-Mae 16 weeks

Replies

• Options
    I'm hoping this is the same thing with Rhodri. He was starting to go through the night and now he's waking up to three times a night - not good! Got another health visitor appointment next week so we'll see. I hope it is cos otherwise he's just getting into a bad routine! Not sure where he's going to go on the percentile though as he was 98th for weight and height at 8 weeks!
  • Options
    Grace was just the same last week and weighed 14lbs 14 and measured 62cms at 11.5 weeks!! She's between the 91st and 98th centiles now!!! Packed away the 0-3 clothes last week but some of the 3-6 month stuff is a little snug already!! She's not 3 months old til tomorrow!!!!
  • Options
    Yep, Matilda started waking the last couple of nights - I hope it's a spurt! x
  • Options
    Daisy too, she was just waking once a night, but it's gone to three. Last night she went down at 8.30 and woke at 10.30, 12.30 and 3. Hope this doesn't last too long!

They don't measure length here but she'll get weighed on Thurs when she has her next jabs
  • Options
    They only measure here if you ask, but they do come prepared.
    Babies used to be measured at birth here too, but that's now changed. Quite annoying really as I know how long my first 3 were when born but not Kayleigh.
  • Options
    Benjamin as well. He's been waking 4+ times/night. It happened for a few nights, then went down to 2x/night for a few & now it's back with avengence. YAWN.

• Options
    Rhea's the same she's growing very tall. Can't wait to get her weighed etc next week. She's well into her 3-6 months clothes, actually nearly having to put the 6-9 month sleesuits on her as her feet fill the 3-6 month ones lol. Here's a good one for u, I bought her 18 month leggings for her yesterday, & they just fit her. Ok, they are european size but the girl in shop said the 6 month would fit 3-4 months, the 12 months would fit 6-10 months so I assume the 18 month fit 12-15 months!!! Nightmare!!

JAyne xx