Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

After 4 weeks of BF am exhausted

My little boy is now four weeks old and has been exclusively BF 8 times a day. Today I was so tired after 3 nights of bad sleep that I relented and got hb to give a formula bottle this afternoon. How are you all doing with the feeding?
Bryony & Samuel (4 weeks old)

Replies

• Options
    I've been exclusively bf Kayleigh-Mae for nearly 8 weeks now, she's finally settled into a pattern of feeding in the day, usually 3-4hrs between feeds. Evenings she seems to be permantly attached to my boobs, but night times seem to have got better at the moment.
    Karen + Kayleigh-Mae x
  • Options
    Ryans only 17days old and we're really starting to struggle again. If he's not fed straight away ie. Before he gets tithe crying stage he gets
    himself in such a tizz he can't/won't latch on. After spending a good 20mins half hour of fighting the last few days we've now started giving him ebm or formula instead of the bf if he does get in one of those states Really thought we wouldn't be able to continue bf last night but this morning, he went on the boob twice with minimal problems, although have discovered that removing a layer of clothes so he's just in his vest, not even skin to skin does help, although not exactly most practical. His feeding still has no pattern, debating whether to try baby whisperer EASY routine x
  • Options
    well, i'm on day 7 so a way behind you all and jake is feeding hourly and then has terrible wind. I'm finding it all so hard, particularly when he cries as he's clearly in pain with wind and i cant seem to help him.
    I so hope this is going to get easier.